Ford Fusion Energi Forum

temporary donut spare tire search

Steve smith

My quest for a temporary energy spare came to this. After several trip to my favorite parts wrecking yard my findings were ;

1. a 16 " temporary  rim will not fit , it will hit the brake caliper.

2. the correct bolt pattern is 5 bolt on 4.25 center, aka 5 x 4.25 or 5 x 108mm

3. the size closest to our 225/50/17 tire is  T155/70R17 (a bit smaller might work also)

4. I used a 6" piece of 2 x 6 and cut a 1/4" groove in it to fit on the body seam for a jacking pad.

The spare I found for $40 bucks was a T155/70R17 on a 5 X 4.5 pattern off a 2011 wrecked Fusion. I used a rotary file on my cordless drill and filed and countersunk  the holes in just slightly to match the 4.25 pattern, bought some open ended (stock are closed end and bottom out on the studs) 12mm X 1.5 pitch lug nuts and it fits and runs fine on my Energi. and it fits in the trunk hogging up a lot of scarce room.

If one could find a 17" donut with a 5 X 4.25 pattern that would be perfect, but I could not find one.  Good Luck

• 1 month later...

murphy, do you know it the 16" wheels described in the Fusion Hybrid posts fit on the front of the Energi?  I have a 2013 Focus 16" temp spare that I bought for my wife's C-Max Energi that I thought was the same spec as the Hybrid wheel, it fits on the C-Max car fine but it does not clear the front caliper on my Fusion Energi.  

Steve smith,  what vehicle did the 17" temp spare you show come from?  Is it on a wheel that fits the 2013+ Fusion bolt pattern?

Thanks!

Edited by jza80