Ford Fusion Energi Forum

FUSION ENERGI BATTERY METER ISSUES

Justin Moretti

Hi all,

I have been noticing that my battery meter is fluctuating e.g sometimes I get a full charge and the meter reads 23 miles. and sometimes I get a full charge and the meter reads 25 miles. I am switching on and off from a 120v charger to a 240v charger at work. Is this normal knowing the electric range of the vehicle is 21 miles ??? 

............Please help..................         

Thank you,

Justin.

The way you drove the car last will greatly influence the range estimate. I drove the car back from Pennsylvania last year, and due to all of the regeneration driving down the mountain after my first charge at home it read 43. I still only got about 22 or 23 miles out of it because I was not driving the same route.

The gage will adjust as you drive -- little heavy on the accelerator and it will fall fast. Flick on the AC and it will plunge. Drive a stretch of road doing 30 miles and hour (and if that is not what you did the last time in the car) the miles will start climbing. 

Welcome to the forum Justin, hope you are enjoying your car.