Ford Fusion Energi Forum

$4500 Retail Bonus Customer Cash

wmmallette

I have seen some websites that list a $4500 "Retail Bonus Customer Cash" rebate that expires om July 7, 2014.  As best I can tell this has some state restrictions.  Does anyone know where I can get a list of applicable states?  Also, does the state info depend on the dealer's location or the home address of the customer?

Thanks!

-Mickey

I don't know where you can get a list, but I live in NY and just drove down to Maryland and picked one up (7 hours) due to this savings.  My dealer didn't offer the bigger rebates and I couldn't pass it up.  Guess it only matters where you bought the car.  I did lose $1,000 of rebates here, but more than made up for what they had to offer.  Also make sure you get the $750.00 rebate by going online and asking for the c-max hybrid catalog.  Any questions, let me know. I bought mine at Sheehy in Gaithersburg MD.  Good to deal with, not the best salesperson.  You could just fly into Regan international, then take the metro to about 10 miles from the dealer.  I got everything done before I left including the pre approval for the loan through ford credit.  So once I saw the finance manager, I was in and out in 20 minutes.  Love the car, it's amazing.

Edited by Daveb722

The place to check this is on the Ford site, URL listed below (currently set to 2013 models but you can change to 2014 on that page).  It is based on zip code so if you find a car in a dealer's stock that you like, you can input that dealer's zip into the below site to see the current rebate.   Based on the quick check I did, the $4,500 rebate is for 2013 models of the Energi and there's also a $1,000 rebate for the 2014 models.  But play around with the site and see the offer choices.

http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/2013/incentives/

And I have gone out of state several times to get just the car I want, 3 times flying out there and driving back.  I treat it as a quick vacation and always enjoy road trips, and a road trip in a new car makes it better.  So anyone who is thinking of doing this and finds a VIN in the DC area I'll be happy to get you from the airport to the dealer and help out where possible, just PM me.

@DaveB722, Which stock number did you get at Sheehy?  I hope you did not buy the one I have been negotiating about at Sheehy, Gaithersburg.  I have been talking with them and they have treated me very well.  If things work out, I will be flying in there.  It is about a 15 hour drive for me, so  wouldn't want to drive both ways.

@jeff_h thanks for the link and that is extremely nice of you to offer to help get someone to a dealership from the airport in your area.  I wish i found a deal in the DC area!  Baltimore is as close as I got.  its good to see people helping people in any area of life!!

-Mickey

@DaveB722, Which stock number did you get at Sheehy?  I hope you did not buy the one I have been negotiating about at Sheehy, Gaithersburg.  I have been talking with them and they have treated me very well.  If things work out, I will be flying in there.  It is about a 15 hour drive for me, so  wouldn't want to drive both ways.

@jeff_h thanks for the link and that is extremely nice of you to offer to help get someone to a dealership from the airport in your area.  I wish i found a deal in the DC area!  Baltimore is as close as I got.  its good to see people helping people in any area of life!!

-Mickey

We bought her blue Energi at a dealer near Baltimore, and mine in southern MD... 4 of my last 6 car purchases have been outside of VA, as most of our dealers have about $500 'dealer processing fee' and over in MD it is about $200, so I'm willing to go across the river to save a quick $300 and will gladly help others do so too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-Mickey

@wmmallette, sorry didn't get back to you, did you get your car?  They were pretty good to deal with, just when I got there, I had to wait around for almost 3 hours before I got to see the finance guy.  They knew I was coming, so I hoping to get in and out, knowing I had to drive 7 hours back.