Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Comparison

wmmallette

Has anyone here looked at the decision between the FFE and the regular Fusion Hybrid?  

Here is my situation.  I have gotten 3 different dealers competing for my business, so i am in good position.  

A     -I can get a new 2014 FFE SE model with a backup camera for around $29,000 (with the $4007 tax rebate takes rhe cost down to $25000).

B    -I can get a 2013 program FFE ("factory test car") driven only by a Ford employee with 8500 miles for $26,800, which has not yet been registered. (Probably no rebate on this one either, to be determined by the IRS, but for this discussion lets assume no rebate.)

C    -I can get a new 2014 regular Fusion Hybrid SE model with leather and camera for around $26,500 (no rebate).

Trunk space is only a minor issue.  I do have kids, but this is mostly a work car for me.  I live 35 miles from the office and can plug up the car on my employer's bill at no cost to me for the return drive.  I live in Northern Mississippi, so there are no real long periods of cold weather here.  Mostly it is hot or moderate for 10 months out of the year.  

When I read reviews or watch videos, most say the FFE is not the best choice over the FFH becuase of the cost difference between the two.  As I see it, I am at a point where I can get a FFE for equal to or less than a FFH based on the tax rebate or reduced purchase price.  Average cost of gas here is about $3.50 and has been for a while.

What is your pick for what you would do in my situation?

Anyone's input based on being a FFE owner is much appreciated.

-Mickey

Edited by wmmallette