Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2013 Titanium Energi, 2 Months, 1700 mi, solid MIL lit

snedecr

As seen above, my 2 1/2 old Energi, at about 1700 miles is illuminating it's MIL, sometimes called Check Engine Light.  It's solid, not flashing.

When I run the Vehicle Health report, I get the following: 

"Service Engine Soon: If the Service Engine Soon indicator light stays illuminated after the engine is started, it indicates the On Board Diagnostics(OBD) system has detected a malfunction of your vehicle emissions control system. Refer to On Board Diagnostics in your Owner's Manual. If the light is blinking, engine misfire is occurring which could damage your catalytic converter. Drive in a moderate fashion (avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration) and contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible. See your Owner's Manual for additional information."

Which is useless.  Why couln't they have posted the DTC's????? 

Where is the OBC connector on the Energi?  I'd like to connect my scanner and see if it will pull the codes before I rush off to the dealer.

Can someone at Ford view the Vehicle Health report in more detail than I can and get the DTC?

Thanks!

Gayle Snedecor

• 5 weeks later...

Thank the Ford engineers who put the refuel button on the center console, and curious women...

Yeah if I had a vote for the dumbest design move, it would be the placement if the fuel door release next to the other buttons where it gets pushed when another button was intended, or even when something mistakenly pushes on it when no buttons were intended.

Does the button even work if not in park?  I thought I accidentally hit it once while driving down the road and nothing happened.  Maybe it just has to be at a stop though?

The closest confusion I had was someone who thought the button was how I switched from EV to Gas mode (after I showed the EV mode button features).

I tested the Fuel button when I picked up my Energi last June.  I told the dealer that there were many complaints about the location of that button.  I asked if he knew if it could be opened while driving down the road.  He did not know.  So I tested it and it only seems to work when the transmission is in Park.  I could not open it if the transmission was in Drive or Neutral.  

Has anyone else tested this?

So far I have yet to open the fuel door accidentally, nor has any passenger opened it by inadvertently pushing that button or by purposely playing with buttons.  Knock on wood!!