Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sync Radio 'Alerts' identifies NASCAR Network as AC/DC

Neil

This is kind of a unique situation, but I thought I see if anyone else is having the same problem.  I have the radio in my Fusion set to alert me whenever certain songs or artists come on the XM/Sirius network.  It works great and is one of my favorite features - there is no way I could every have a car without this feature now.  Anyway... one of the artists I have it set to alert me for is AC/DC.  The problem is it alerts me that AC/DC is playing on channel 90, but channel 90 is the NASCAR network - no music.  It usually happens on the weekend when they are broadcasting a race and happens several times an hour - sometimes within minutes of the previous alert.  At first I thought it may be the Intro/Exit music they play when cutting to a commercial, but it happens at random times in the broadcast.  has anyone experienced a similar thing or know how I can prevent it without deleting AC/DC from the Alert list.  

Edited by Neil

This is kind of a unique situation, but I thought I see if anyone else is having the same problem.  I have the radio in my Fusion set to alert me whenever certain songs or artists come on the XM/Sirius network.  It works great and is one of my favorite features - there is no way I could every have a car without this feature now.  Anyway... one of the artists I have it set to alert me for is AC/DC.  The problem is it alerts me that AC/DC is playing on channel 90, but channel 90 is the NASCAR network - no music.  It usually happens on the weekend when they are broadcasting a race and happens several times an hour - sometimes within minutes of the previous alert.  At first I thought it may be the Intro/Exit music they play when cutting to a commercial, but it happens at random times in the broadcast.  has anyone experienced a similar thing or know how I can prevent it without deleting AC/DC from the Alert list.  

Hi Neil, 

I have a theory! I don't know much about NASCAR, but I've been known to listen to AC/DC here and there. My favorite song by them is T.N.T. (I swear I'm going somewhere with this). ;)

TNT is also the abbreviation for Turner Network Television and they cover some of the NASCAR races. I have a feeling the radio sees the TNT coverage and thinks it is the song by AC/DC. 

SiriusXM will be able to provide more information about this feature. You can reach them at: 1-888-539-7474. 

Kim