Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2013 fusion energi titanium price

John Schmitz

Hi John,

That sounds like a great price to me.  Ask the dealer for the breakdown of all the discounts and incentives which resulted in the $33,350 price.  The same 2014 Titanium would probably sticker for $41k and then the incentives and discounts would be deducted from that.  Since you are looking at the Ruby Red, it isn't a unique color to any specific year so you can price a 2013, 2014 and a new 2015 to see what price differences you find.

Check out this thread to see other prices from myself and other members.  It gives you an idea of how good your price is.  Also, check out the $4007 Federal Tax Credit and other incentives in the city/state that you live in.  

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/897-post-your-ford-fusion-titanium-purchase-price/

Let us know when it's in your driveway!   :)

Now I have also found a used 2013 FFE Titanium with about 5000 miles. It is a Ford executive car. It has ACC, DA Pkg, PA and Nav. Price 29,900. So which is a better deal? New $33,350 or used$29,900. The only differed is the new one has the sunroof and no park assist and the used one has park assist and no sun roof.

Now I have also found a used 2013 FFE Titanium with about 5000 miles. It is a Ford executive car. It has ACC, DA Pkg, PA and Nav. Price 29,900. So which is a better deal? New $33,350 or used$29,900. The only differed is the new one has the sunroof and no park assist and the used one has park assist and no sun roof.

I think someone else already asked this question, not sure if it's about the same VIN as you found... an 'executives car' sounds nice but if has previously been titled you may run into an issue if you try to claim the $4,007 tax credit on your return next year (but you noted 'used' so maybe you're aware of that and fine with it).  If you are thinking seriously about that one (or any other used one) it would probably be worth it to pay for a 30-day account with Carfax or Autocheck and you can check that VIN and any other that you like, to see if it has been titled or had other issues.

On the original car you noted, that would be a really good deal as long as they are not including the $4,007 as part of that advertised price.  If it is not, then if it were me I'd take a test drive and make sure all is well and then go from there.

Edited by jeff_h

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar question. Local dealer has a new 2013 energi for $10,200 off msrp. Is that a good deal? Is the 2013 energi missing anything that was added/improved on the 2014 model? Also, the energi lists mileage as 38 mpg city while the fusion hybrid is 47/47 or 44/41. Why the differences for basically the same car?

I have a similar question. Local dealer has a new 2013 energi for $10,200 off msrp. Is that a good deal? Is the 2013 energi missing anything that was added/improved on the 2014 model? Also, the energi lists mileage as 38 mpg city while the fusion hybrid is 47/47 or 44/41. Why the differences for basically the same car?

Is that $10200 off including the 4007 Fed Tax Rebate? It shouldn't be, but I have seen lots of dealers try and claim that. A few things to remember, the 2014s start off being $4k cheaper then the 2013s, so effectively this is $6,200 off, which is a good price IMO. If the $10,200 includes the Fed tax rebate, then really this is only ~$2k off MSRP, which is NOT good at all IMO. Look at all the trucks they sell, most are 10k off MSRP for a 40-50k truck, no reason to think getting 10k off MSRP for a 40k car is UN-reasonable.

The 2014s can be ordered with Ceramic (gray) interior, ac vented seats, and maybe a couple other minor things. If those items are not important to you, really no reason you need a 2014 (other then a little bit better future resale value). Also the 2015s are going to be able to be ordered soon, which adds some new colors, far better Titanium wheels, and some other minor updates.

Just last week/week before Ford revised the MPG ratings on a bunch of the Hybrid/Energi vehicles. 38mpg is the new Energi rating, but the new Hybrid rating is 42mpg (http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/specifications/)

The reason for the difference is the fat guy sitting in the trunk of the Energi ALL the time (300lbs of batteries more then hybrid). Thats just over 8% weight gain for 9% mpg penalty.

Pay no attention the the derate of 38mpg.....that is ridiculous.  Ford is just responding to stupid lawyers, that is all.  You will get BETTER overall mpg with the Energi over the Hybrid and better mpg when in hybrid only mode, than in the hybrid, due to the Energi's larger battery capability to store more REGEN capacity than in the Hybrid.  Apparently, neither Ford nor the EPA has a clue how to accurately rate the PHEVs.  Unless you drive like Ricky Bobby or Cole Trickle in your Energi, you will get way better than the new posted EPA mpg  numbers. 

Forgot to mention that, I agree you will get better then the new ratings. I just completed my first 100mpg PLUS tank of gas (including trips of over 200 miles), I went 1126.4 miles using 10.404 gallons of gas. I regularly get 25+ miles of electric usage. BUT its all type of driving dependent.

I would say on a long trip, say more then 200 miles, a Hybrid would get better overall MPG then the energi simply because it weighs less. On longer trips I get 40-43ish (after battery is depleted), while my uncle in his 2014 Fusion Hybrid gets 45-47ish on the same drive. Sure if you have a huge hill to go down, the energi would be able to recover and store more usable battery energy, but over a long distance that wouldn't matter much.

Edited by Rexracer

Hi jshepherd,

I think $10,200 discount off the 2013 is great.  You did not mention the options on this car and the invoice price.  Example:  if it stickers for $45,000 and the dealer is discounting $10,200, then the price is $34,800.  Then as Rexracer mentions, be sure you qualify for the $4007 Federal Tax credit.

2014 Energi has heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel and rear inflatable seat belts as new options.  New colors were Dark Side Metallic and Sunset Metallic.

If you're looking at the same colors from 2013 to 2014; both whites, Tuxedo Black, Sterling Gray, Ingot Silver, Ruby Red, Ice Storm or Deep Impact Blue then the 2013 price might be lower.  Check on the price of a 2014 with the same options as well.

Your mileage really depends on how long your daily commute is.  But I think the Energi is the way to go because it is the next step to 100% electric.  On my long drives I consistently achieve 43-44 mpg.  On my short drives in town it is 100% electric and I keep my car fully charged.

I think you're in a good position since the dealers probably want to get rid of all 2013's.

Good luck!  Let us know what you buy!

If you're eligible for the $4007 rebate, I would go for the one with the sunroof. You don't need park assist when the new Titanium you're looking at has backup sensors and a rear-view camera. 

Hello!

I was the one that found a Ford exec car 2013 with 5k miles. It had everything except for the sunroof. I got it for 28500 before tax/fees. Ford even had 1.9% financing. I would have liked a sunroom. Might install one, but it looks like they are $1000. I am going to try to file for the $4007 tax rebate for 2014 and see what happens.

No regrets with the purchase. I do drive mostly highway miles for my lifetime is 43.6 right now with about 90% highway. Compared to the Kia Optima hybrid I was driving before mileage is up about 10%, I am paying about 20% less in car payment per month. Insurance is slightly higher. The tech on the Fusion is leagues above the Ford!