Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Anybody else having problems with MFM 6-6-2014

frbill

• 1 month later...

I have not been able to get mfm working since 6/20/14. Tried reset routine as advised by ford tech support 4 times and no joy.

Tried pulling fuse routine (are the ford designers out of their minds with the fuse box placement?) And still no joy.

What's next?

Hi Ekpsych, 

What specific issues are you having with MyFord Mobile? Are you having trouble with the app and the website or just one of them? If you performed the master reset, you would have needed to accept both messages on the MyFord Touch screen again. Did you receive those? 

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar issues for the last month. I signed on to MFM, I got the first message in the car but the second message has never been displayed, even after the ticker says "0 hours until second confirmation". It seems that every time I start the car the 24 hour period starts over. Hate to say it but I drive my car every day and there is never a 24 hour period that goes by without driving it. Are we allowed to drive it for the 24 hours or do we have to let it sit? what to do? Thanks in advance...

I'm having similar issues for the last month. I signed on to MFM, I got the first message in the car but the second message has never been displayed, even after the ticker says "0 hours until second confirmation". It seems that every time I start the car the 24 hour period starts over. Hate to say it but I drive my car every day and there is never a 24 hour period that goes by without driving it. Are we allowed to drive it for the 24 hours or do we have to let it sit? what to do? Thanks in advance...

Hi Joel Givens, 

You're certainly not expected to not drive the vehicle during the 24 hour verification process. My first recommendation is to delete your VIN from your MyFord Mobile account and re-add it: www.MyFordMobile.com This should start the process over again and you'll need to accept the messages in the car. Let me know what happens! 

Kim

Hi Joel Givens, 

You're certainly not expected to not drive the vehicle during the 24 hour verification process. My first recommendation is to delete your VIN from your MyFord Mobile account and re-add it: www.MyFordMobile.com This should start the process over again and you'll need to accept the messages in the car. Let me know what happens! 

Kim

Thanks for your response Kim. I've tried that several times but will try it again. Thanks again.

Anybody know when MFM will work in Europe? I bought the car before I PCS'd to Germany and my dealer said it would work, so I got it loaded with Nav and everything, and now none of it works. Any updates on when it'll be available?

I know for certain that the navigation system is North America only.  Someone on the forum about a year ago was asking for a map of the middle east somewhere and the Ford representative indicated as such.

As far as MFM not working... nothing was said about that, but my own assumption is that it won't work either - it relies on ATT cellular and I'm quite sure they programmed the ESNs of that car to have no data roaming capabilities outside of North America (actually, there may be no roaming period... some people have lost signal in certain parts of the country).

However, there may be a way around that, depending on if ATT can work with you and enable data roaming, but that will probably cost you a lot of money to make that work, so I would assume isn't worth it.

ATT's international data plan:  http://www.att.com/att/global/affordable-world-packages/?data

If they could apply that to your car's ESN, then I don't see why it wouldn't work... or if Ford has an option to add international to MFM...

Anybody know when MFM will work in Europe? I bought the car before I PCS'd to Germany and my dealer said it would work, so I got it loaded with Nav and everything, and now none of it works. Any updates on when it'll be available?

Hi yellow05gt, 

I'm trained to assist owners located in the USA/CAN. I haven't received any information about MyFord Mobile being available in Europe, but I'll be sure to share if information becomes available. For now, I suggest contacting the Customer Relationship Center in your area: http://corporate.ford.com/our-company/country-websites

Thanks for your response Kim. I've tried that several times but will try it again. Thanks again.

No problem, Joel Givens. Did you have any luck? 

Kim

Hi yellow05gt, 

I'm trained to assist owners located in the USA/CAN. I haven't received any information about MyFord Mobile being available in Europe, but I'll be sure to share if information becomes available. For now, I suggest contacting the Customer Relationship Center in your area: http://corporate.ford.com/our-company/country-websites

No problem, Joel Givens. Did you have any luck? 

Kim

Hi Kim, 

Unfortunately no luck at all. I actually tried what you suggested a few times and the 2nd (post 24hr) message never popped up in the car therefore registration to MFM hasn't been completed. The first message does show and I press the "allow" icon in the car but I've never seen the 2nd confirmation message in the month I've owned the car. I've deleted my account and re-entered my vin to reset the website and the mobile app numerous times (probably 15x's) but no luck. Please provide the solution. Thanks

Joel Givens

Hi Kim, 

Unfortunately no luck at all. I actually tried what you suggested a few times and the 2nd (post 24hr) message never popped up in the car therefore registration to MFM hasn't been completed. The first message does show and I press the "allow" icon in the car but I've never seen the 2nd confirmation message in the month I've owned the car. I've deleted my account and re-entered my vin to reset the website and the mobile app numerous times (probably 15x's) but no luck. Please provide the solution. Thanks

Joel Givens

Please PM your VIN so I can take a closer look. It will also be helpful if you include a link to this thread in your message :). 

Thanks!

Kim

• 3 months later...

Hello Kim,

Did you succeed? Since I'm experiencing the same problems in The Netherlands.

regards Charles

Hi Charles, 

I'm Rebecca; filling in for Kim while she's out of the office. 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if MyFord Mobile is available in the Netherlands. I suggest contacting your local Customer Relationship Center for more information. They can be reached at +31 (0) 20 504 4646. 

Rebecca

Hi Charles, 

I'm Rebecca; filling in for Kim while she's out of the office. 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if MyFord Mobile is available in the Netherlands. I suggest contacting your local Customer Relationship Center for more information. They can be reached at +31 (0) 20 504 4646. 

Rebecca

I don't see how it could work, considering the car has an AT&T 3G module, and I don't think that would work in Europe. They use a different GSM band.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

Edited by stevedebi

I don't see how it could work, considering the car has an AT&T 3G module, and I don't think that would work in Europe. They use a different GSM band.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

Hey Charles,

I'm back! :) Even though there's a good chance you're right, I don't want to risk it and provide you with incorrect information. Did you have a chance to reach out to your local Customer Relationship Center yet? 

Kim