Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Tseme

If you live in California, here are some useful websites for rebate information. I have omitted the preceding 3 Ws as the forum doesn't allow posting of weblinks. If you can't find the website, just google the titles listed and you'll find the website.

I'm posting this information, because the salesperson at the dealership didn't know any of this information, couldn't answer any of my questions in regards to tax credits and rebates, and I had to research it all on my own after I bought the car. I also didn't see this posted on the forum, so thought it might be useful to others:

1) Drive Clean California

driveclean.ca.gov

Use this website to search for incentives in California State-wide based on your zip code

2 ) San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District - click on "grants and incentives" - then "residents"

valleyair.org/grants/driveclean.htm

Fusion Energi was still eligible for $2,000 rebate as of 6/09/2014 IF you live within San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District (which is the following counties: Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare)

These rebates will go away once grant funds are exhausted.

You need to submit a copy of your purchase contract, VIN, complete their paperwork and plan to keep the vehicle for at least 36 months. Read the fine print to make sure you qualify. You also have to complete and submit a W-9 Form as the rebate/incentive you receive may taxable income and subject to federal and state tax.

They told me that these take about one month to process after you submit your paperwork before you receive a check in the mail.

3) California Center for Sustainable Energy

energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project

Fusion Energi was still eligible for $1,500 rebate as of 6/09/2014

These rebates will go away once grant funds are exhausted.

You need to submit a copy of your purchase contract, VIN, complete their paperwork and plan to keep the vehicle for at least 36 months. Read the fine print to make sure you qualify.

They told me that these take about five to six months to process after you submit your paperwork before you receive a check in the mail.

4) PG&E

pge.com/pev/

How to get discounted electric rates and/or special tiered pricing if you have an EV vehicle.