Ford Fusion Energi Forum

I got a new Energi

No1hedberg

I lucked out yesterday, and now I own a 2014 Fusion Energi. I was surfing the web looking at Mustangs and stumbled across a used Energi. I had a 2012 hybrid for my daily driver, but when I saw that I could buy an Energi with only 7500 mi. For $14,000 under sticker price, I couldn't pass up the chance. So far I'm thrilled. This car seems better in every way than my '12. I was a little concerned that the 12v battery died on the lot, but having owned a hybrid before, I knew there could be issues with the little battery, and I still have lots of warranty left. People told me the new cars were a lot nicer, but I had no idea. When the weather was warm I could get 42mpg going to work in my '12. I can't wait to see what I can do with this one.

Congratulations on finding such a great deal! Awesome. :)

We bought our FFE new about 3 weeks ago and can't believe the features and comfort of this car! Just love it! So far we are averaging between 44 and 48 mpg on the hybrid engine for our longer trips, but still learning how to use this car and how to drive it efficiently.

I can do all my around town errands completely on the electric battery which is amazing. This is our first venture into the new technology.

Congrats!!! You will not regret buying this car.

Got mine also last Friday and till now on an average of 48MPG.  Today I drove for the first time completely electric to and from my destination.  I live in the mountains and 60% of the way up there was going up the hill, of course 60% was back down the hill but I managed to drive the 25 miles completely electric :).  You will find out that it becomes a game to stay as long as possible in electric but I told myself I do not want to adapt my speed for it.  I drive around the maximum allowed speed and see how far I can come with it and I realize that I still have loads to learn when it comes to regen or acceleration.  

Good luck with your car and please post what ever you think is important so we all can learn from each other!!!

I lucked out yesterday, and now I own a 2014 Fusion Energi. I was surfing the web looking at Mustangs and stumbled across a used Energi. I had a 2012 hybrid for my daily driver, but when I saw that I could buy an Energi with only 7500 mi. For $14,000 under sticker price, I couldn't pass up the chance. So far I'm thrilled. This car seems better in every way than my '12. I was a little concerned that the 12v battery died on the lot, but having owned a hybrid before, I knew there could be issues with the little battery, and I still have lots of warranty left. People told me the new cars were a lot nicer, but I had no idea. When the weather was warm I could get 42mpg going to work in my '12. I can't wait to see what I can do with this one.

Congrats on the new car, No1hedberg!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'm here to help!

Ashley