Ford Fusion Energi Forum

maintenance

dlb92

I have not taken my car in for maintenance and I am rapidly approaching 10k miles.  Based on the way I drive the system won't tell me to get a oil change until I hit 15k to 20k miles.

In August it will be one year and I've only filled up 3 times (not including the full tank it came with).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  No point in spending money if I don't need to.

On a second note anyone have any thoughts on Ford ESP?  How much does the ESP cost and how many miles can you have it for (is there a mileage limit or can you renew it)?

I have a feeling when the warranty runs out if something breaks it could be expensive to fix.

On a second note anyone have any thoughts on Ford ESP?  How much does the ESP cost and how many miles can you have it for (is there a mileage limit or can you renew it)?

There is considerable discussion on Ford ESP

here: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1242-ford-esp-extended-service-plan/?p=6943

and here: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1964-ford-esp-extended-service-plan-the-poll/?p=12770

Good luck!

Edited by meyersnole

I bought my FFE in January. I have 4200 miles on it.  I just got an email from my salesman who reminded me I can get a free oil change from the dealership at 7500 miles.  What do you think?  Is there any harm in getting it?

Depends on who is doing it.  The first oil change on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid, whoever did the oil change left the oil cap cover open and slammed the hood down.  It destroyed the plastic engine cover and the hood liner.  I think they could tell how upset I was because it was all replaced without hesitation.

They also may want to try to sell you something while you are in for the free oil change like a tire rotation.

Depends on who is doing it.  The first oil change on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid, whoever did the oil change left the oil cap cover open and slammed the hood down.  It destroyed the plastic engine cover and the hood liner.  I think they could tell how upset I was because it was all replaced without hesitation.

They also may want to try to sell you something while you are in for the free oil change like a tire rotation.

When I had an oil change on my Honda Civic Hybrid I didn't check the paper work.  Months later I found out they used 10W30 instead of the recommended 0W20.

I bought my FFE in January. I have 4200 miles on it.  I just got an email from my salesman who reminded me I can get a free oil change from the dealership at 7500 miles.  What do you think?  Is there any harm in getting it?

It depends.  Most of the time the tech uses the right oil and the right filter and doesn't strip the plug threads.  A fraction of the time something is done wrong.  I've heard of a lot of stripped oil plugs.  I do my own work so there's nobody to blame but me if I screw something up.  I did install a Fumoto valve, so my chance of stripping the threads goes down to zero.