Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New Fusion Energy owner and first Ford!

Volleyguy

Hello everyone I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks. I first became interested in EV's after driving a Tesla MS. Since that test drive I tracked our gas expenses from $400 to $800 a month. I would not have guessed us so high. Tesla great car but has been quite slow installing SC's in Canada by choice. Actually 97 in the U.S. 0 in Canada. So we had to look at other options and my wife and I really liked the MKZ hybrid on a test drive but really wanted plug in ability. We are installing Solar panels here as soon as approved and it is intoxicating knowing most of our driving will be electric!

I am very excited and found the Fusion to be a very nice ride! Comfort and quiet wise. Looking forward to meeting all of you on this exciting journey off of oil.

Welcome to the boards Volleyguy!  There is a ton of information on this site, just a quick search away. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I also thought about the MKZ, but once I decided I wanted a plug in I ruled it out. I have not regretted that choice.

I am not completely oil independent, but I also not heading to the gas station every week or week and half as I was before this car.

The Fusion Energi is  the perfect fit for a lot of people (including me) that drive shorter distances often, but need to be able to drive anywhere any time. I went from averaging 21mpg with my Acura TL to sitting at 102mpg this tank with 1062 miles driven. Just be aware of a few realities of electrics. A) freeway speeds kill range of battery B) cold weather kills range of battery C) running heat/AC in battery only mode hurts battery range.

If the car still fits your needs you will enjoy it!

Hello everyone I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks. I first became interested in EV's after driving a Tesla MS. Since that test drive I tracked our gas expenses from $400 to $800 a month. I would not have guessed us so high. Tesla great car but has been quite slow installing SC's in Canada by choice. Actually 97 in the U.S. 0 in Canada. So we had to look at other options and my wife and I really liked the MKZ hybrid on a test drive but really wanted plug in ability. We are installing Solar panels here as soon as approved and it is intoxicating knowing most of our driving will be electric!

I am very excited and found the Fusion to be a very nice ride! Comfort and quiet wise. Looking forward to meeting all of you on this exciting journey off of oil.

Holy Smokes!!! $400-$800 month?!??!! I imagine a PHEV will do wonders for your fuel costs! I used to average $300-$400/ month in gas from my 17mpg vehicle. I now average $50/month in gas and $20-$25/month in electric. I have had my vehicle for one year and have just over 23,000 miles. Most trips are between 30-40 miles. The vehicle software indicates I have saved 1,002 gallons of gas since I got the car (June 2013). I don't charge as much as I would like at my destinations (work, friends house). So, I bet I'd manage even better savings if I could.