Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New Fusion Energi Owner in Phoenix

Lisa Hansen

Hello, I'm on day and and happy.  :love_shower:   I even found my first Volta station last night.  My husband owns a 08 Prius with 195K miles..and loves it.  So it was my turn although I did not trade in my Saturn Sky...just moved it to the 3rd bay in the garage.  I have one question.  I have 72 hours to decide if I should purchase the prepaid maintenance plan at a cost of appox $2400 for 6 years, 0% interest,

Is it worth it?  I drive 17 miles each way to work.  So my way to work is all EV but not much after that as there is NO charging station near my work.

Welcome.

Do not purchase the maintenance plan?  This is a waste of money.  For example, you will only require an oil change every two years, or 20,000 files; in your case probably the 2 year threshold.  What other maintenance does this car require?  Tire rotation.  That's about it, initially.

Other items that might come up are:

a/c service (maybe at 5 years)

brakes (hardly used in this car, who knows when you'll need brakes)

tire rotation (my dealer said you can go 10,000 miles between rotations)

There is very little maintenance with this car, and in 6 years you will pay substantially less than $2400 on maintenance, probably under $500.

2 cents,

Steve

Hello, I'm on day and and happy.  :love_shower:   I even found my first Volta station last night.  My husband owns a 08 Prius with 195K miles..and loves it.  So it was my turn although I did not trade in my Saturn Sky...just moved it to the 3rd bay in the garage.  I have one question.  I have 72 hours to decide if I should purchase the prepaid maintenance plan at a cost of appox $2400 for 6 years, 0% interest,

Is it worth it?  I drive 17 miles each way to work.  So my way to work is all EV but not much after that as there is NO charging station near my work.

I also agree that $2400 seems very high for maintenance package for this car. As mentioned above you will have reduced maintenance requirements over an ICE car. 

If you are considering an Extended Service Plan (ESP) you should check out this thread. http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1964-ford-esp-extended-service-plan-the-poll/

Welcome to the forum!

I definite agree with Steve and Meyersnole, that's a lot for receiving very little. Please read your owners manual and follow FORDs recommendations for maintenance, not your dealers, after working at a dealer I know they are just trying to get every dime they can out of you.

And like Meyersnole said look at that thread for the Extended Service Plan. I was very against extended warranties, because once again you paid so much to get so little. but seeing what Floor Ford sells them for, it was well worth it to me to spend the ~$1k to get out to 7 years 100k mile warranty!