Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Anyone else lose a quadrant on their charge ring?

Dune

• 2 months later...

My 1st quadrant is out as well - I'll be darned....

Ditto, 1st quadrant been burned out for a couple months, but otherwise still works fine. Going to dealer next month when it's time to get state inspection and get it ordered then.

As my colleague, Ashley, said, send me a PM with your names, best contact numbers, current mileage, VINs, and dealer info. I'll check my resources. 

Rachel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ford will fix that under warranty if you are within the 3/36.

Follow-up on my note above, was at dealer last week for state inspection and showed them the part that was no longer lighting up, they didn't ask any questions and ordered a new one under warranty, they'll let me know when it arrives and I'll have another morning of free coffee and wifi at the dealer while they install.

• 1 year later...

I just had my 2nd charge port ring replaced. Back in July 2014 it was the 1st quadrant that was out. This time it was the 4th quadrant. I picked my car up from the dealer after they replaced the A and B pillar pieces that they scratched in completing the door latch recall. The light ring was out when I went to get my car.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I lost the 2nd and 4th quads.  Took it to the dealership and it started working.  Monitored it for 6 months, until they stayed off consistently.  The ring is either made up of incandescent light filaments or, poorly manufactured, based on all the feedback I've read here.

The dealership did, after the second trip, order the part and replace free of charge.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice for a couple of weeks, but there is a very slight ding next to the light ring.  I suspect the technician did this while replacing the light ring.   As I said, it is very minor.

• 1 month later...