Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Leaving FFE Plugged In

CheFlaco

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps this has been covered elsewhere, but seems worth mention here too.  I've noticed that when plugged in and not charging (for instance waiting for a value charge) it will still often run the cooling fans.  I'm thinking this is more likely after just having been recently driven to cool down the hot battery pack.  

But what I've wondered and thought, wouldn't it be better if you have the choice to leave it plugged it so it could run the fan if its just really hot outside?  Has anyone noticed the fans staying on long after use, say, more than a few hours later?

When you have value charge enabled, the car will consume about 60-70 watts of power to charge the 12 V battery, run the on-board electronics, and the fans while waiting for the value charge time.   Allowing the car to do this during peak hours (4pm to 9 pm) wipes out most of the savings I can obtain by charging at night (after 9 pm).  I do not use value charge.