Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Anyone else ordered a 2015?

wazer

The earliest your car could have begun its journey is 8/25 since the railroad does not ship cars on weekends.  That was 5 days ago.  It goes by rail to the nearest transfer point where it gets unloaded on to a huge parking lot.  It then has to be picked up by a car hauler for transport to the dealer.  It doesn't move by rail until the railcar is fullly loaded.  It doesn't move by car hauler until there is a full load for the car hauler.  Your dealer has no control over any of this.  The dealer has the ability to track the rail progress if anyone at the dealer knows how to do it.  Some have never done it and dont know how to do it.  Once the car is at the transfer point there is no way to track it.  The dealer won't know where it is until the car hauler arrives with the car.  My car took 12 weeks from order to delivery.  There is no point in worrying about it because there is nothing the dealer or anyone else can do to speed up the process.

Murphy, It's funny that you say that because it matches their story almost verbatim. I understand that they are not able to speed up the delivery, and that it will be here when it gets here. That wasn't why I wanted to talk to him. Even if it was he had no business brushing me off. It wasn't that he was busy, he refused. I haven't even been introduced to him yet. 

I'm not sure why, looking372. I just checked and the order date for mine was 7/25 so that was nearly 2 weeks after you ordered yours. When I ordered, my dealer said he would call his ford rep. and try to get it into the system faster, but I figured that he probably said that to everyone. I've heard that some dealers do get priority over others based on their sales performance but I have no idea if that's true or not. I do know that the dealership here where I live does really well especially for the relatively smaller population. Everyone wants a truck in Idaho! Hope you get your sticker soon. Keep checking and let us know!

Edited by Cody Permann

Wow Cody, I ordered mine on July 12th, No sticker yet but I do have an expected ETA of Oct 4th.  Wonder why yours is so far ahead of mine and I ordered before you.

Two reasons that I can think of -

1 - The dealer for looking372 did not place the highest priority on that order and so one of the other orders was pulled when the weekly scheduling was done, and the order for Cody had the higher priority (does not go across dealers, each dealer determines their own priorities).

2 - The dealer for looking372 did not have allocation so no matter what priority they had assigned, the order did not get picked up.

The below thread has a link in it that gives more info on the ordering process - the post is several years old but the ordering process may be similar today, from what I gather it hasn't changed much.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/2414-ordering-question-for-a-ford-employee/

The dealership finally called last thursday (9/11) to tell me that my car is at the local train station, but burried at the back of the car. Funny because it was supposed to be delivered a month ago and the car has been listed on their inventory web page for longer. http://bit.ly/MYFFET They say that they should have it inspected and ready Monday or Tuesday. We will see if that holds.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my VIN number on my car. The dealer said the build date was 9-29-2014. Is there a website where I can track the build and delivery process?

Put your vin at the end of this URL:

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Once the window sticker is available the car should be about a week out from being built, delivery time varies depending on region.

I ordered a 2015 Fusion Titanium Energi on 7/28/14. I was told 10-12 weeks. No VIN or date yet.

If you have your order details printout that has the Order Number and Dealer Code you can contact the FordService (Crystal) with a private message and see if they have any information for you:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/user/563-fordservice/

I would expect your car to have a VIN by now unless your dealership didn't have any allocations or prioritized your order extra low.

Karlerm1, have you asked your dealership what the status of your order is on the "Build Preview Report" that they get every week. I ordered mine on 8/20, so not that long ago, but the status is "temporary scheduling restriction".  The inventory manager said that all the hybrids he has ordered have the same status.  Check with your dealer and see what they say, and report back.  It looks like they do not intermix the hybrids with the ICE Fusions on the production line, at least that's my guess as to what this status means.

Gary

I emailed today and got zero response on the Build Preview Report question. I did get the vin# 3FA6P0SU8FR172958 which seems to indicate arriving in the 45th week of 2014 (4514 was the larger code on the top-middle of the sticker). The date underneath the special order is 10 06 14 which I assume is the creation date of the sticker, so that would put my build about on 10/13/14 and delivery by the last week of October or the first week of November. I'm still ticked because that makes it 14-15 weeks from order.