Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Active Noise Cancelling Issue, Microphones

Ben Bruce

My car had an issue with the headliner when I purchased it.  Not  big deal (or so I thought), just have it replaced under warranty.  Head liner was replaced and now I have a problem with the ANC.  When the engine is under load the ANC introduces a low frequency growl that makes your head feel like it wants to explode.  The car is not drivable and is again in the shop.  The dealer is not sure how to trouble shoot this issue and wants to try the replace parts and hope it works strategy.  Problem is the microphones are on back order with no delivery date available.

My questions are:

1.       Where can I go to learn more about this system?

2.       Has any other Fusion owners had this experience?

Ben

I got an update from the dealer yesterday.  They have located 2 out of three microphones.  Just waiting on the third to show up.  Apparently these are difficult to get a hold of at this time and have to come from different parts of the country.

Once all microphones are in hand then they will call in the interior trim expert to drop the headliner and have a technician install the microphones and then have the trim guy put the headliner back in place.  Sounds like surgery or a union job (not sure which is the best analogy).  I expect this will solve the issue and I can begin to drive my car for the 12th day of owning it for a month now.

They are also going to fix the key fob window up and down function.  This did not work from day one.

Once I get the car back from the dealer, I will call out the dealer SYNC expert to teach me how to use this feature.  I had learned much of it on my own but now have many questions.

Fingers crossed I get the car back this weekend.

Ben  :)

Once I get the car back from the dealer, I will call out the dealer SYNC expert to teach me how to use this feature.  I had learned much of it on my own but now have many questions.

Fingers crossed I get the car back this weekend.

Ben  :)

Hi Ben, 

I'm glad to hear that your dealership is handling this for you. If you have any questions about your MyFord touch system after this has been resolved, feel free to reach out to me. That's what I'm here for! 

Kim

Just got another update from my dealer.  The new microphones did not fix the problem.  The next step is to get permission from Ford to install another headliner and 3 new microphones. 

Fingers crossed that this fixes it and I can drive my car.

We have reached a crossing point now where my new car has been in the shop for longer than I have owned it.  14 days and counting in the shop.

Ben

Just to close this post proper...

The dealer has completed the repair of this issue.  I got my car back this weekend and all is right with ANC.  It took too long to repair (12 days) but I am glad to have my car back and can start to rack up the miles.

Ben

Edited by Ben Bruce

• 4 weeks later...

Just to close this post proper...

The dealer has completed the repair of this issue.  I got my car back this weekend and all is right with ANC.  It took too long to repair (12 days) but I am glad to have my car back and can start to rack up the miles.

Ben

What was the final resolution? What part caused the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update. I am actually scheduled to go in next week for a headliner replacement. I will warn them of this possible issue.

Be sure to let us know how the replacement goes, meyersnole. I'm always just a PM away if you need my assistance. How many miles are on your Fusion?

Crystal

Be sure to let us know how the replacement goes, meyersnole. I'm always just a PM away if you need my assistance. How many miles are on your Fusion?

Crystal

Almost 17,000!  I have to say, as my first Ford I am overall very happy -- and impressed. My last 2 vehicles were an Acura TL (3rd gen) and BMW 528i and this car competes just fine, maybe not the performance but overall feel.

Also thank you for the offer of help, but I have also been very pleased with my dealership. I was not impressed with the largest dealer in the area, but I ended up at University Ford of Durham and from sales to service I would not hesitate to recommend this dealership.

Almost 17,000!  I have to say, as my first Ford I am overall very happy -- and impressed. My last 2 vehicles were an Acura TL (3rd gen) and BMW 528i and this car competes just fine, maybe not the performance but overall feel.

Also thank you for the offer of help, but I have also been very pleased with my dealership. I was not impressed with the largest dealer in the area, but I ended up at University Ford of Durham and from sales to service I would not hesitate to recommend this dealership.

Fantastic, meyersnole; I'm glad you have a dealership that treats you like gold! Don't hesitate to give me a shout if you ever need help from my neck of the woods. :)

Crystal