Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2013 Used Cmax Energi

Alex

Anyone here know of the reliability of the Cmax energi? There is a used one for sale in the neighborhood from a dealer for $19k with 37K miles.

I have been planning on getting a fusion, but there are none available used. This helps take a chunk out of the payment saving $10K.

Just wondering if there is any experience with it.

I read threads on the CMax Energi forum regularly, the only real complaint I have seen is the 12v battery issue, which has also occurred on some Fusions but doesn't seem as often as on the CMax (only basing that on the number of threads/posts, so of course that's just anecdotal).  The forum link is below so you can review posts as needed.

Other than that, they seem fine and if it weren't for the Fusion I would have bought a CMax.

http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/

We have a 2013 C-Max Energi (currently with about 15K miles), we have experienced a CD player failure (dealer replaced it), and a rattle in the headliner (dealer repaired it). Otherwise, it has worked out really well and is a great commuter car.   There have been a few software updates for various modules, so I would recommend that you make sure everything is up to date if you decide to buy it.

Sounds like a great buy! I wonder if you could still get the extended warranty at a reasonable cost through Flood Ford.

Looks like you could go out to 7 years/100k miles for $680, seems totally worth it and gives you a lot of peace of mind.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/esp_plans.php?PlanDetailID=31&ModelID=29&VehicleYear=2013&VehicleMileage=19000&StateID=51&AWD=0&Surcharge4=0&Surcharge2=0&Surcharge3=0&Submit=Continue

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

19k isn't a bad deal.  Like Jeff, the CMAX was in the running of the vehicles I was interested in (there were 4 - Focus Electric, CMAX Energi, Fusion Energi... Tesla S).  Tesla was so far out of my price range but my desire for that car is still as strong as ever. :) 

The Focus Electric would've worked out too because it would've been a second car for me, but, it lacked a subwoofer for the sound system, no employee discounts at all (A, X, Z, D), and the 7500 tax credit was out of reach... I would've had to lease it first.

The CMAX has a lot of available storage vs the other electric cars.  I liked the in-floor storage compartments; liked the interior quite a bit.  It seemed comfortable for me (I'm 5'10").  Only thing that didn't do it for me was the exterior styling.  And again, no subwoofer.  Yeah, I like my music loud and full.  :)  I have read quite a few articles about them and the reviews are majority positive.  Only complaint I saw was the initial cost... which in this case isn't as prohibitive.

Then came along the Fusion Energi and I was done.  :wub: