Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Transmission "Seeping"

marelind

I took my 2014 FFE to our local mechanic for an oil change at 5200 miles. (My husband believes in taking the car in every six months alternating between our mechanic and the Ford dealership, even though I was told not to bring it in until 7500 miles. That isn't the issue.)  Our mechanic said we should take it to the dealership because he could see where the transmission was "seeping" between two parts bolted together.  I did take it in, with a picture taken by the mechanic, and they immediately booked it to be checked out.  A week and a day later I had my FFE back (having suffered major withdrawl symptoms for a week!).

I guess my question is, has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is it a common problem in this model?  I wondered only because the service advisor was so quick to say they would get it to the transmission department quickly and he knew it would take about a week because they would probably need to order parts in.

I took my 2014 FFE to our local mechanic for an oil change at 5200 miles. (My husband believes in taking the car in every six months alternating between our mechanic and the Ford dealership, even though I was told not to bring it in until 7500 miles. That isn't the issue.)  Our mechanic said we should take it to the dealership because he could see where the transmission was "seeping" between two parts bolted together.  I did take it in, with a picture taken by the mechanic, and they immediately booked it to be checked out.

Could I see the picture? I would like to check mine and make sure it's not leaking too.

Griff, thanks for the link.  I think I will print it out for my mechanic for his edification.

Fusion Energi,  I am trying to figure out how to upload the picture.  Until I do, there are two pieces of the transmission bolted together.  That is where the seeping is occuring.  Sorry I can't be more specific.  My FFE is a 2014 that I bought in January this year.

post-586-0-64919900-1408653437_thumb.jpg