Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Window Sticker?

NaplesGeezer

I was able to get my window sticker for my 2015 Fusion Energi.  My Dealer was able to locate one that is inbound to another dealer.  So I didn't have to order from scratch.  

My question is at the bottom of the Sticker under the MSRP Price there is a bunch of letters and numbers that end in 08/14/14. It is right next Method of Transport RAIL box  What does this date refer to, is it the date the vehicle was shipped out on RAIL or the Build Date?

Neither, it's the date the sticker was created.  The build date is 7 days later so it will be finished on 8/21.  Shipping to the east coast takes about 2 weeks especially if they go to Chicago for the handoff from the western rail line to the eastern rail line.  There might be a southern route that would avoid the trip through Chicago.

From Murphy's post above the sticker is available a week before the build date or when the car is completed.  Anyone know how quickly cars are shipped?  Do they ship daily, weekly etc?

That all depends on transit consolidation, so a new build may get onto a rail car the next day after build, or sit there for days or weeks (less likely these days).  I had my hybrid on order in late 2012 when they had an issue with the release and also a shortage of rail cars and at one time had about 15,000 additional cars (someone found a link to a recent satellite pic at that time) sitting at Hermosillo awaiting actions/shipment (a friend of mine on the hybrid forum finally received his car after it sat in Hermosillo for 5 months)...  BUT, now things seem to be running more smoothly, so unless there is an issue where re-work is needed before a car goes out the door (mine was held for another 5 days), I think in general they get onto a rail car within a week. 

As for frequency, I think several trains move daily.. the trains that leave there (if they are about the same size as those with vehicle rail car carriers I see moving around the US) likely have about 50 rail cars, and 8 vehicles per rail car is 400 -- given that I think the average production at Hermosillo is about 1,200 - 1,500 or so) per day, that means several trains per day move out of there.

• 2 weeks later...