Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New to the Energi and this Forum!

HotLap

Hello everyone,  I'm new to both this forum and the Fusion Energi!  I have owned many Ford's in the past and generally have had rewarding and great ownership experiences with all of them.  My second vehicle is the new 991 (911 S cabriolet), and honestly my Ford's have been more reliable.  I traded a 2013 Platinum F-150 Super crew 4x4 for the Fusion this past weekend and what a difference in fuel mileage :)  The truck was great, but I didn't really need it and it feels so much "greener" with the Fusion!  I'm having solar installed on my home next week and look forward to harnessing the sun to power my vehicle (and home).  Two of my neighbors have the Chevy Volt and while I think they are nice vehicles, the fact that they are so small inside, can't take a roof rack (I ride both mountain and road cycles and Volt says roof is too weak to support any rack) and are sort of "cartoonish" looking (IMO), led me to consider purchasing the Fusion Energi. My new Fusion is a 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium in the tri-coat white with the ceramic/black interior.  Pretty much fully loaded (except for the AC seats which I will miss here in the warmer SoCal climate - my truck had cooled seats and they are nice on a hot day). 

Anyway, I have a million questions about the Fusion Energi and can't wait to learn more about this great sedan.  Another huge plus for me is that besides the Tesla (and that will be my next electric car) the Fusion is one of the few plug-ins that actually look like a contemporary sedan!  These are much nicer inside (thank you Ford for finally stepping up and ditching so much of the cheap plastic interior parts), ride very quietly/smoothly and both the electric only mode and hybrid mode have decent acceleration! 

Cheers everyone!

Ben, thank you for both the welcome and the pics of your hitch.  I like the way it is so "subtlety" placed under the rear valance.  I'll probably go with the Thule Aero roof rack as I wont be leaving it mounted full time, but your is certainly a quality installation and looks sharp.  Great second option!