Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Lights, warnings everywhere......

nascarnat

So I was driving to work the other day when the traction control light, the traction control OFF light, the airbag light, the pass airbag off (up on the center of dash) lights all came on. I also got 2 warning messages on the left screen, Service AdvanceTrac, and Collision warning not available. Also, when backing up, I no longer have the white 'guide' lines when I turn the wheels. I called the dealer, tried to set something up and get a loaner because I've had the car a month and I can't go without a car for days while they fix mine. She tells me, we do loaner cars, but they are all booked until Sept 5 (which I had already booked for some other issues I'm having with the car). Ok, is it safe to drive it then while all of this is going on? I can't make that decision for you. Ok, can someone else? No. So what am I supposed to do? Well you can leave a message with my manager, sometimes he has other avenues for loaner cars. I left a message and have not heard a word since. That was 2 days ago. Not very happy with the dealership right now. I've read other people having similar issues and it needing a new RCM which sounds like is on national backorder more often than not. I guess what I'm wondering is, if anyone else has had this issue, have you driven it? has it been ok? I understand that the collision warning won't work, the traction control won't work, and the airbags won't work. All of which are safety features that made buying this car more attractive. But, it's summer time, so the traction control won't get used, and hopefully I can keep it off another car and won't need the airbags or the collision warning system. I will post pictures of the dash and the messages. 

post-1096-0-98764900-1408716656_thumb.jpg

post-1096-0-20610100-1408716666_thumb.jpg

Ask to speak to the manager and explain the safety concerns you have with driving the vehicle.  I've found that as soon you mention the word "safety" they jump, and if they don't then notify somebody at Ford corporate (maybe one of them will jump into this thread) and they'll make sure you're taken care of.

Good luck,

-Doug

• 3 weeks later...

So I was driving to work the other day when the traction control light, the traction control OFF light, the airbag light, the pass airbag off (up on the center of dash) lights all came on. I also got 2 warning messages on the left screen, Service AdvanceTrac, and Collision warning not available. Also, when backing up, I no longer have the white 'guide' lines when I turn the wheels. I called the dealer, tried to set something up and get a loaner because I've had the car a month and I can't go without a car for days while they fix mine. She tells me, we do loaner cars, but they are all booked until Sept 5 (which I had already booked for some other issues I'm having with the car). Ok, is it safe to drive it then while all of this is going on? I can't make that decision for you. Ok, can someone else? No. So what am I supposed to do? Well you can leave a message with my manager, sometimes he has other avenues for loaner cars. I left a message and have not heard a word since. That was 2 days ago. Not very happy with the dealership right now. I've read other people having similar issues and it needing a new RCM which sounds like is on national backorder more often than not. I guess what I'm wondering is, if anyone else has had this issue, have you driven it? has it been ok? I understand that the collision warning won't work, the traction control won't work, and the airbags won't work. All of which are safety features that made buying this car more attractive. But, it's summer time, so the traction control won't get used, and hopefully I can keep it off another car and won't need the airbags or the collision warning system. I will post pictures of the dash and the messages. 

What ended up happening at your dealer?

It's a long drawn out story that I can't really go into right now. Long story short, the dealer still has the car after 2 weeks... Once I get things hashed out I will let you know. 

What dealer? I've dealt with some really incompetent dealers here in the Twin Cities area. It'd be nice if we can help each other out to find a good dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

What dealer? I've dealt with some really incompetent dealers here in the Twin Cities area. It'd be nice if we can help each other out to find a good dealer.

Sorry, I thought I answered this.... it's at New Brighton Ford. Still... Wednesday started week number 4. Ford customer care has not gotten back to me. I called them and opened a case on Monday, they were supposed to get back to me within 24 hours... Does anyone have contact information for one of the reps here on the site? Frustration has more than kicked in at this point. It's almost laughable. I do want to stress, it's not 100% the dealers fault. I'm going to assign most of the blame on Ford and their "WOT" warranty something team. Still can't go into much detail but it has been a run around since day one. It has been one thing after another. when I opened the case with ford the guy kept asking is there anything else? why yes, there is this. anything else? yes, this, and on and on. Bottom line I owned my car less than a month when the lights came on, and now it's going on a month in the shop.

Edited by nascarnat

Sorry, I thought I answered this.... it's at New Brighton Ford. Still... Wednesday started week number 4.

Have you always worked with them? My parents have taken their C-Max Energi to them for a few things and have had terrible service there. I had terrible experiences at Freeway Ford in the past but took the Energi there on Friday for a couple software updates and my experience was overall very positive. The SA was very friendly & helpful.

I only had the car for a month before everything happened, so yes they are the only dealer I have dealt with so far. It was a day shy of a month when the lights came on, then a week until they were able to get me in to look at it. Now a few days shy of a month at the dealer. We're quickly approaching them having the car as long as I did before bringing it in.......

I only had the car for a month before everything happened, so yes they are the only dealer I have dealt with so far. It was a day shy of a month when the lights came on, then a week until they were able to get me in to look at it. Now a few days shy of a month at the dealer. We're quickly approaching them having the car as long as I did before bringing it in.......

MN Lemon Law calls for 30 days out of service in the first (12 or 18 I can't remember) months. With how long your car has been out of service I would immediately begin pursuing a Lemon Law claim to get a replacement vehicle. The Owner's Manual describes a process that Ford prefers you use (though they cannot legally require it) which seems to speed things along.

MN Lemon Law calls for 30 days out of service in the first (12 or 18 I can't remember) months. With how long your car has been out of service I would immediately begin pursuing a Lemon Law claim to get a replacement vehicle. The Owner's Manual describes a process that Ford prefers you use (though they cannot legally require it) which seems to speed things along.

Are you referring to the BBB Auto Line program? Of course, my manual is in the vehicle so I can't look at it, but I'm looking at the online manual from the FordService website. 

Energized, it's not a TSB, or a PCM issue. There's more to this story that I can not bring up right now. That's why customer care is involved. 

I'm going to look into it today. it looks like I have to call customer care to get the form, am I reading that right? the attorney general website says within 2 years. the car was built 12/13/12, so we're past the 12-18 month period, even though it was a ford executive's car, I have only owned it for 2 months, and it only has 7400 miles on it. 

I'm going to look into it today. it looks like I have to call customer care to get the form, am I reading that right? the attorney general website says within 2 years. the car was built 12/13/12, so we're past the 12-18 month period, even though it was a ford executive's car, I have only owned it for 2 months, and it only has 7400 miles on it. 

Minnesota is one of only 6 states in the country with a used car lemon law. I thought you had bought it new. Usually used cars have no lemon protection. But MN only gives the owner 60 days & 2500 miles so act fast.

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/cars/mncarlaws/MNCarLaws_2.asp#Used%20Car%20Warranty%20Law