Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New 2014 Energi Titanium

Aristophean

I finally purchased a new 2014 Titanium Energi! After returning the used SE I discussed in another post, I went with a new Titanium that had everything I wanted. 

I've had it for a almost two weeks now and can't wait to get in it and drive every morning to work and back. Now I'm just waiting for the city to finish installing charging stations in my parking garage at work and I'll be fully EV mode each day during the week!

Only downside so far was that after 849 miles the check engine light came on. I dropped the car of at the dealer this morning. Feel free to guess what the issue may be and I'll let everyone know what I find out. I'm also having the dealership put on some mud guards as the rain around here has been terrible lately.

Looking forward to being a part of this community! I've already learned so much just from browsing this forum!

post-1103-0-92090400-1409149112_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Aristophean

Good to hear Blars! Turned out to be TSB 13-12-17. They had to reprogram PCM ABS BECM, AN SOBDCM (whatever that means...)

Welcome and congrats on your new ride, Aristophean! I'm glad to see that your dealership got this resolved for you; don't hesitate to give me a shout if you need any help in the future. :)

Crystal

I also have the 2014 Titanium. 

My check engine light came on after 230 miles and then again after 700 miles.  No other problems so far after ~4000 miles (except for some quality control issues). 

I love the car but I am extremely unhappy with the service from the dealership (rumors say that they will go out of business in December -  maybe that explains the lousy service.)

I also have the 2014 Titanium. 

My check engine light came on after 230 miles and then again after 700 miles.  No other problems so far after ~4000 miles (except for some quality control issues). 

I love the car but I am extremely unhappy with the service from the dealership (rumors say that they will go out of business in December -  maybe that explains the lousy service.)

Hi RAHTOL,

If you'd like, I'd be happy to document your feedback about this dealership. Just PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include. I'll do the rest. :)

Crystal