Ford Fusion Energi Forum

film on inside of windows

chris

Was just wondering if any one else have found that you get a film on the inside of your windows? I have to clean them about  every two weeks, wondering if its from when the car charges? I do not smoke, and keep the car really clean, and the car doesn't have any odor in it, a friend has a volt and he says his does the same thing, thanks for your help on this,,,

There was a long-running thread on the hybrid forum (below), don't know if it's some type of sound suppression material that is making a difference but many have observed that their windshields tend to fog up very easily... so sorry to say, but it's 'normal'.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7395-windshield/

thanks jeff, its not a fog, moisture  issue, if it was I would be able to clean it off with ease,  but did see something about the new plastic in the car releasing something,so maybe it will go away in time, thanks again,

I had a plastics class in college.  The professor told us the "new car smell" is the mold release compound for all the plastic pieces.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know any good products to clean this film? I've tried invisible glass but it doesn't seem to really make it better.

I take two microfiber cloths. Get one very lightly damp. Use that to wipe the windshield. Then take the dry one and go over the windshield. You have to use a bit of elbow grease with the dry cloth, but it does come off with water.

If you use too much water on the first cloth, it just streaks around and is actually harder to get off.

Look for Gleen Cloth.  It is amazing.  Use it according to the instructions and windows inside and out are spotless and streak free.  No elbow grease required.  I love it!  You do not use any cleaning solution with it; only water.  And you can use it in the house too.  It will clean your windows, mirrors, computer screens like never before!

I have noticed the "fogging" of the inside windows also at certain times. Mine is due more to humidity and outside temperature because I can remove it by turning the defroster on for a few seconds.  Doesn't even need warm air, just air blowing over it.  What is funny is that when it happens I can see the circular patterns on the front windshield and on the pano-roof where rubber suction cups were used during assembly to hold the glass!  For some reason, these areas don't "fog" over as much as the rest of the glass. 

I would have thought the suction cups would have been used on the outside of the glass, but maybe somewhere along the way from supplier to the production line, they are lifted from the inside.

I had also noticed the circular patterns on my 2013 Edge which had a factory BAMR (Big A** Moon Roof)