Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2 Bar Acceleration Question

garymkrieg

I know many people advocate accelerating by keeping at or below two bars.  My question is this, around here the city streets are generally 45 mph.  I know the ECO cruise is active at 12 mph.  So if I set the ECO cruise at 45 mph and then accelerate from a red light manually, keeping at or below two bars, and then at 12 mph hit the resume button, will I see an acceleration rate similar to manually keeping the accelerator at or below two bars?

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

It would be a little bit more aggressive than what I usually accelerate at, especially in the slower speeds.  I tend to accelerate manually to around 5 miles of expected speed before engaging the cruise.  Same thing goes while you're on the highway, stopping to pay toll for example.  I accelerate slowly myself up to say around 60, and then I re-engage the cruise set to 66 for example and it ramps up slow from there.  If I enable it at 30 for example, I've felt the engine surge alot more - however I have not checked how many bars its pulling or if its messing with my acceleration coach score, just decided its "too much" and disabled cruise and accelerated myself before turning it back on.

-=>Raja.

Yeah, I use it every day once I get up to 20...the only time i see it get above 2 bars is on steep hill climbs.  It will get to about 2.3 bars in that case.  However, I will note that if you get the coach bar down on accel, that engaging the cruise at 20 will not help increase the coach bar, it looks to stay the same.