Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2015 Ti-White Platinum checking in

Johnny Mo

Hi everyone,

1 week into my Energi and I am thrilled.  HID's and LED parking lamps on the way (hopefully won't need error canceller)  Window tint next.

Johnny Mo

Welcome to the forums Johnny!  

You might want to check out this thread... http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/636-stuff-for-the-car/?p=2056  (Stuff for the car...)

Edited by meyersnole

Thanks!  Haven't turned on the DRL's yet - at least not the offical Canadian Low beam DRL's  - fine with the "parking lights" as the DRL's for now - hopefully the LED swap won't cause flickering.  I have HID's on the way from Xenon Depot, I have PIAA Ion Crystal fogs all lined up to go in next weekend.  I also ordered my L2 Charger from Leviton and am planning on window tint and the VG Shark Fin.  Other than that I don't expect to make/need too many more changes

Welcome, nice color (I too have the tri-white Titanium with ceramic interior) :)  You may en up considering swapping out the stock 17" wheels for a larger wheel.  Will penalize you mileage a bit but IMO the looks are worth it.  I personally went with the stock Fusion 19" x 9" "H Spoke" in black chrome.  Looks sooo much better than the "Priousesque" 17" weenie wheels and handles considerable better.

Almost forgot, I completely "de-badged" mine this past weekend and it looks so much cleaner!!

Enjoy your new FFE, it is an amazing car (especially the technology that Ford put into this car)!!

Edited by HotLap

Almost forgot, I completely "de-badged" mine this past weekend and it looks so much cleaner!!

HotLap,

Do you mind posting some pics of your de-badged car?  I thought about doing this when I had trouble with some of the letters falling off. Fortunately I have not had any issues with them since the replacement, but it is still a pain to hand wash with the design of those badges. 

Might be worth starting a topic on the subject in Body Exterior ( http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/forum/30-body-exterior/ ) as I am sure others would be interested in seeing it also.

Thanks for the the welcome - probably not going to do anything with the wheels (I already have 2 sets for my E550 and a leftover winter set from my E350 because they didn't clear the brakes on the 550) - this is pretty much a weekday work car for me but the lights I do find to be a critical shortcoming from Ford.  As for the DRL's I've never been a big fan and would've preferred more of a separate LED style DRL.  My customization list will essentially stop with lights, tint and VG shark fin, although I'm quite certain I will be tempted to keep going.  The de-badging does sound intriguing, but I'll probably leave that until it really starts to bother me - agree the placement for handwashing the car is pretty bad.  They could've also gone old school with decal type badging which I'm sure would've been lighter and cleaner looking.

JohnnyMo. agreed on the lighting, very weak compared to HID or Xenon lighting systems.  First thing I did was swap out the stock halogen for SilverStar Ultras, a bit better but still not that bright.  I sincerely wish we could get the Mondeo headlamp assemblies...they are sweet AND modern looking.   I still suspect Ford got caught in a production pinch with these lighting systems and didn't have enough so kept with the old style halo lighting for US for now...will probably introduce as a '16 or '17 model improvement...