Ford Fusion Energi Forum

SiriusXM Reception Problems

looking372

They are definitely different.  I have used an XM radio and a Sirius radio on the same route that has tall trees that block the view to the sky.  The XM radio worked fine with no dropouts.  The Sirius radio (2010 Fusion Hybrid and 2013 Fusion Energi) had lots of dropouts.  I no longer have an active satellite radio subscription in my car.

Very interesting and disappointing to hear.  I was hoping that it would be something the dealer could fix, doesn't sound that way.

It's surprising that so many years after they merged back in 2011 they would have consolidated their technology.

The company merged, but there are still multiple satellite signals -- requiring different equipment to receive the signals. 

Are you just listening to music or is there some specific content that you are listening to on Sirius? Why not just switch to a bluetooth or usb media player or if you have a smartphone listen to what you want on there (pandora, spotify, etc)? System works very well.