Ford Fusion Energi Forum

My other ride, what's yours?

HotLap

All, just basically taking a mental break from work and thought I'd share with you my garage baby.  2012.5, 991 Carrera S Cab, Carrera White with beige leather.  Fun little runabout, but horrible mileage compared to my FFE!  15.5 avg. but in all fairness mostly driven in town in a "spirited" manner :)   I dig it though until it's time for the annual oil change ($399.00+) :0   My third (motorized) ride is a 2013 Triumph Speed Triple, a "naked sport bike" and fun to boot!

What are the rest of you driving as a second car, cycle, scooter, stroller, skateboard :)

post-1139-0-56196200-1415650393_thumb.jpg

All, just basically taking a mental break from work and thought I'd share with you my garage baby.  2012.5, 991 Carrera S Cab, Carrera White with beige leather.  Fun little runabout, but horrible mileage compared to my FFE!  15.5 avg. but in all fairness mostly driven in town in a "spirited" manner :)   I dig it though until it's time for the annual oil change ($399.00+) :0   My third (motorized) ride is a 2013 Triumph Speed Triple, a "naked sport bike" and fun to boot!

What are the rest of you driving as a second car, cycle, scooter, stroller, skateboard :)

Nice car, great color! But please say it is a manual...

my other cars:

97 Suburban, because what else has that kind of space for 8 people, plus gear and towing? Mileage? HA. But 12k miles in 7 years, so who cares

94 Corvette LT1/ZF6-speed - paid 3k for the car after it had been driven under chain link fence. Yes its as horrible as it sounds. Runs and drives great,  its the Auto-x/track day car. Fun lapping the track faster then Lotus supercharged/M3/etc.

98 ZX2 - Chumpcar Race car, started with 161k miles - 4k-6k RPM for 66 hours of racing without missing a beat

86 Camaro Z28 Chumpcar Race car - FAST, and horribly UN-reliable, not what you want in an endurance car

08- Acura RDX - wifes car, surprisingly fun little car.

No Motorcycles right now with a baby at home and another one the way, something about "Your daughter's need a father" or something like that.

Hybridbear, great looking Focus!!  I think Ford's line of the three "F's" Fiesta, Focus and Fusion all look great, are affordable and equipped with cutting edge technology (in the case of the electric models)!

Rexracer, nice stable you have there and your weekends must be an absolute hoot!

Come on the rest of you...we know you have cool vehicles too!!

For the past couple years it's been this Boss 302.

20140415_144510_zps9c57cb40.jpg

But, I'm going to sell it to buy a house.  I'll have to settle for my high school car, a '64 Falcon convertible with a 289, for fun!

DSC01694.jpg

And of course my '99 Super Duty Crew Cab Turbo 7.3 liter diesel 4x4 with a 6 speed manual!  I bought it new in early 99 and it now has over 300,000 miles on it. 

Trucka.jpg

FATDESL_edited.jpg

And when I get to the high sierra fire roads...  Mad Max.

DSC00741.jpg

And sadly just sold my 450 the other night to help raise funds to buy the house.

20141109_144201_zpsb8179282.jpg

Nice rides guys!  Dag sweet Merc and Fat, well let's just say I wish I had a 7 car garage!!  I had a CR 450-x a couple of years ago and it was a blast, maintenance intensive but it had great power!  One of my neighbors has a similar year Comet vert in the same color, sweet ride and well the Boss, that's just a legend!  The automotive writers are still mentioning the Boss 302 as best balanced and handling Mustang ever!

• 2 weeks later...

Other cars driven on a regular basis:  2014 Ram 1500 Laramie and 2015 Honda Accord Coupe.  Have a few fun toys in the garage that get out rarely if ever:  2012 Camaro Convertible SS 45th anniversary, 2006 Pontiac Solstice (4000 miles), 2007 GT500 (3200 miles).  Then there are the classics:  1964 Riviera, 1968 Mustang coupe (restored with less than 1000 miles), and 1968 Pontiac GTO with 25,000 original miles.  And the least sexy one of all a 2013 silver Econoline 12 passenger van.  

When we built the house, we planned for it.  Attached garage holds three cars and the semi-detached one holds 5.  That said, the truck and the van sit outside collecting oak leaves.  Might be selling the '68 Mustang to a friend so I have room for the truck.  I know, first world problems!   My (crazy) wife is trying to get me to build another house on acreage.  She's offering a large shop/barn/garage building as inducement.  Not taking the bait.  I'm happy for now.  You're right about the GT500.  More than enough power to get yourself killed in no time.  I rarely drive it.  I'm the idiot keeping the miles low for the next buyer or my kid.  

Russael, that's in really good shape!  My sis in law had a 2006 Eddie Bauer in the same color and she basically destroyed it...just doesn't care and I feel sorry for the next owner.  She and a woman in a Merc backed into each other in a parking lot and they both had the rear sensors (both were turned off) because they didn't like the beeping noise, then there was the time a half gallon of milk spilled in the rear and she left if, talk about a nasty smell!

It's my baby... first vehicle I bought and I got it new.  I had a 1997 F150 XL as a lease when I graduated high school... hated it.  4.2L V6, did have the supercab option, and 2 tone paint but it was a fleet truck.  It had power nothing, bench seat, and when it was very cold, it wouldn't start.  It was very low to the ground too - to the point where people swore I had it lowered.  2 wheel drive, which meant it was awful in the winter...

Stepping up to my Expo once I turned in my F150... never looked back.  I'm pretty obsessive about keeping it in top condition.  I do most of my own maintenance to it (latest thing was dropping the fuel tank to replace the fuel pump).  Did my own spark plugs, serpentine belt, forward O2 sensors, oil changes, differential fluid changes, shocks, tire rotations... only things I don't do are the transmission flushes, coolant services, and tire changes.  I keep top shelf products in it, runs on Mobil 1 extended performance full synthetic, and before that came out, I always ran Valvoline full synthetic.  I replaced the air cleaner this past year with a K & N FPIK since the stock one cracked, and I always kept a K&N filter in the stock airbox.

I do kind of wonder if they have new PCM updates to let it run a little better on 10% ethanol.  The truck goes on a 1,000 mile round trip every year from Detroit, MI to Baltimore, MD... and before Ethanol became more widespread, I used to get over 21MPG in that thing.  Now, I'm lucky to have it hover around 19.

I keep it around since it isn't worth anything anymore and I have no desire to sell it.  Plus I need the utility from time to time.  I had it out of the garage so I could clean the inside.  I had brought home an Elliptical... and the box was so heavy that I wound up opening the box while it was in the truck and took it out part by part, but it made a mess.  Cleaned that up, used my leather cleaner for it's quarterly seat cleaning, and it's ready for the next need.

And I'm just as obsessive over my Fusion too. :)

Cool Russael, I totally get where you are coming from...I must admit in the past couple of years I've slowed down a bit on the weekly washing/waxing, but definitely keep up on maintenance with all vehicles and take good care of them.  I am lucky in that all three of my vehicles fit in my garage so they are not exposed to the harsh Summer UV rays...those will cook your plastic bits in a hurry!  In my heyday, I'd start on a Sat morning wash and wax two vehicles (including all interior and wheel detailing), These days I just don't seem to have the time/desire to spend as much time doing this (would rather be out riding my Mt. bike or other exercise).  But I still do keep'em clean and avoid the car wash...