Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Hit and Run and Service Engine Soon

cegarbage

I have had my car a whole 2 weeks. I went to wash it yesterday and notice someone with a white car hit mine. My brand new black car has white paint and scratches near the passenger tire. The tire is fine, it looks like about $1,100 in damage.

Over the past two days, i've started my car twice and the service engine soon light stays on. It does not let me take the car out of park. I had to start and re-start and it goes away and drives normal

I have a hard time thinking these two issues are related. My car was probably hit the evening of November 7, but it could have been anywhere between November 2 and November 9. The service engine light came on November 9 and November 10.

Anyone get a service engine light at such a young age?  My 2015 FFE  has 700 miles on it.

Go into the maintenace mode on the left screen and read out the codes that are showing.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Engineering Test Mode. Hold the left OK button while pressing the ON button. The left screen will enter a mode where you can scroll up and down. One of the screens shows error codes.

Edited by stevedebi

I have had my car a whole 2 weeks. I went to wash it yesterday and notice someone with a white car hit mine. My brand new black car has white paint and scratches near the passenger tire. The tire is fine, it looks like about $1,100 in damage.

Over the past two days, i've started my car twice and the service engine soon light stays on. It does not let me take the car out of park. I had to start and re-start and it goes away and drives normal

I have a hard time thinking these two issues are related. My car was probably hit the evening of November 7, but it could have been anywhere between November 2 and November 9. The service engine light came on November 9 and November 10.

Anyone get a service engine light at such a young age?  My 2015 FFE  has 700 miles on it.

I'm really sorry to hear that someone hit your car. That really stinks!!

You can also have the codes read at most auto parts stores. Running a VHR (Vehicle Health Report) can also help pinpoint the issue.

Edited by Hybridbear

I have a reader for my 2003 Pontiac Vibe. Will this work for the FFE? Is there any difference between using a reader and going into maintenance mode?

I plugged my reader in after it occurred the second time and saw no error codes. I took it in for service today They said no error codes appeared and they reprogramed my PCM.

I do have my doubts to the quality of the work performed, because I could tell the person that took my car on a test drive drove the car erratically by the yellow colors on the dash and my driving score that appeared on the web. I'm going to wait a few days to see if the issue comes back. Regardless, the service manager will be getting a phone call from me.

Sigh... Yes.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1389-service-advancetrack-dead-accel-pedal-no-cruise/

I have a reader for my 2003 Pontiac Vibe. Will this work for the FFE? Is there any difference between using a reader and going into maintenance mode?

I plugged my reader in after it occurred the second time and saw no error codes. I took it in for service today They said no error codes appeared and they reprogramed my PCM.

I do have my doubts to the quality of the work performed, because I could tell the person that took my car on a test drive drove the car erratically by the yellow colors on the dash and my driving score that appeared on the web. I'm going to wait a few days to see if the issue comes back. Regardless, the service manager will be getting a phone call from me.

Yes.  They should both be OBD-II compliant.  A code is a code, no matter how you read it.  Honestly, I'd rather have the technician vary the inputs widely like you describe rather than just baby it.  Unless it was a V8 Mustang.  Then I'd want to do the driving!  :shift:

Either will show the same codes.

Is it a ScanGuage II? If so, and you intend to use it for monitoring the driving, you need to set it to know you are monitoring a hybrid.

Was your CEL still on when you went to the dealer? Was it still on when you plugged in your reader?

The Check Engine only came on when I started my car a few times. I could restart it and it would turn off immediately.

Since they did the software upgrade, I notice the check engine flashes away a lot quicker than before. It used to always appear, then disappear (outside of the 3 times it stayed on). Now it pretty much doesn't even flicker on during startup.

I have a MaxiScan  MS300. Would this find error codes for my car?

I had the check engine lite come on and stay on at 2000 miles. 

The ford dealer reprogramed my PCB iaw the following Ford TSB.  Maybe this is your problem?

TSB 13-12-17

ENERGI - SERVICE ENGINE SOON LAMP AND DTC P2183

Publication Date: December 6, 2013

FORD: 2013 C-MAX
2014 Fusionicon1.png

ISSUE:

Some 2013 C-MAX Energi vehicles, and 2014 Fusion Energi vehicles built on or before 11/5/2013 may illuminate the Service Engineicon1.png Soon lamp accompanied by diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P2183 in the powertrain control module (PCM).

ACTIONicon1.png:

Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 87.05 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com. At the Module Reprogramming screen in the IDS service tool, select Program PCM. By selecting PCM the update will be applied to the appropriate modules as required by the software update.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
131217A 2013 C-MAX And 2014 Fusionicon1.png Energi: Reprogram The Appropriate Modules As Required By The Software Update Includes Time To Clear Codes After Repair (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.5 Hr.

WARRANTY STATUS