Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Didn't even make it a week... stupid move + plastic trunk lid = gouge

Doug0716

So I accidently opened my trunk while the garage door was closed... apparently the trunk lid is plastic, and it's so soft it gouged on contact with one of the bolts.  So mad at myself right now :(

I'm normally really careful with my cars and of the mindset that a car isn't worth doing minor repairs, but since it's so small I'll probably get a repair quote.  It's really quite small (like 3 or 4 grains of rice small), but it is going to bug me every time I open/close the trunk :-/

Thoughts?

I did that twice in the same way, if you use the keypad to unlock the car, I think you press the last button a second time or something, and I at first thought this might then unlock all the doors rather than just the one, but no, it was the trunk.  The second time I did it was just me being an idiot an not remembering that, doh.  I figure there's a good enough chance I'll get rear ended someday so why bother fixing...

• 3 weeks later...