Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Changing sounds

dlb92

hi, dlb92. What year Ford Fusion Energi do you have? Is it the Titanium or the SE model? I have a 2013 Titanium FFE. It has the sensors that will make quite a loud beep if I parked too close to something, or when I'm first backing out of my garage. I can't even recall my car making any sounds at all when I press the "On" button except maybe a low whirring/groaning sound coming from under the hood. 

Also when I first put the car in Drive, I have sometimes gotten the rolling chime warning sound and a pop-up saying the front sensor needs to be cleaned (even though it doesn't).

When you hear the loud piercing beep, is there an accompanying pop-up on your display? There are a lot of really knowledgeable people on this forum and I bet one of them will know what you're describing.

• 3 months later...

My Energi started experiencing this "feature" a couple of days ago. I also have a Sony radio so it doesn't seem to be the SSM mentioned above. I found this over on the BlueOvalForums. http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53223-reverse-sensing-and-open-door-sound-change/

They say that it may be related to a low voltage on the battery. I will try to check my battery voltage tomorrow and see if that's it.

My Energi started experiencing this "feature" a couple of days ago. I also have a Sony radio so it doesn't seem to be the SSM mentioned above. I found this over on the BlueOvalForums. http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53223-reverse-sensing-and-open-door-sound-change/

They say that it may be related to a low voltage on the battery. I will try to check my battery voltage tomorrow and see if that's it.

Did you get a chance to check the voltage, bwheetly? I recommend heading to your dealer to get this looked into. Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know.

Meagan

My battery reads 11.5v when the car is off and 14.6v when the car is on so it appears that the battery charger is working.  I may stop by the dealer just to have them check everything over anyway. 

According to the chart in this link

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CDUQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmbalmainauto.com.au%2FPDF%2FState_of_charge_12_volt_batteries.pdf&ei=h5AVVbLHEu3isATEl4DwBQ&usg=AFQjCNHAuDny5-eiyh-UFLaAEWJNDxYKzQ&sig2=ze8XJ3v69HK6YFkMzgb2Mw&bvm=bv.89381419,d.cWc&cad=rja

your battery is completely discharged.

I stopped by the dealer on Saturday. They checked the battery and told me it was ok using some sort of machine. I was told to check any electronics systems I would need to come back Tues thru Thurs as their electronic tech is only there on those days.

Keep me updated on your next visit. I can also look into some additional assistance; I just need your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location via PM.

Meagan

Well I think it finally got me. This morning the car wouldn't unlock so I got in with the key. It was totally dead and wouldn't start. I called roadside assistance and they gave me a jump. I will be taking it in this week to let them know what happened.

My offer to assist, mentioned above, still stands. :)

Meagan

Well I think it finally got me. This morning the car wouldn't unlock so I got in with the key. It was totally dead and wouldn't start. I called roadside assistance and they gave me a jump. I will be taking it in this week to let them know what happened.

How often do you charge your car? Do you have it plugged in to the EVSE anytime it is at home?

I plug my car in every evening.  I had driven it Saturday.  When I got home I plugged it in.   I didn't drive it anywhere Sunday.  Monday morning it was dead.  

Did you have any Go Times set on Sunday? Did you check on it with MFM at all on Sunday?

When you say that you plug it in each evening, does that mean as soon as you come home or do you arrive home and then later go back outside to plug it in?

My belief is that the car will charge the 12V as needed when plugged in. But, if it sits plugged in too long without any Go Times (even with HVAC off) to wake it up or you checking on it via MFM to wake it up, the battery can drain and end up dead. Since we have 2 EVs we don't always have the Energi plugged in when it's at home. When we aren't using it every day it may sit for days without being driven. But it will be plugged in when the Focus Electric isn't home and I observe it charging the 12V battery when it gets plugged in. Waking it up with the MFM app will also trigger it to start charging the 12V battery.

Did you have any Go Times set on Sunday? Did you check on it with MFM at all on Sunday?

When you say that you plug it in each evening, does that mean as soon as you come home or do you arrive home and then later go back outside to plug it in?

My belief is that the car will charge the 12V as needed when plugged in. But, if it sits plugged in too long without any Go Times (even with HVAC off) to wake it up or you checking on it via MFM to wake it up, the battery can drain and end up dead. Since we have 2 EVs we don't always have the Energi plugged in when it's at home. When we aren't using it every day it may sit for days without being driven. But it will be plugged in when the Focus Electric isn't home and I observe it charging the 12V battery when it gets plugged in. Waking it up with the MFM app will also trigger it to start charging the 12V battery.

Thats crazy if thats true..with all the tech stuff in the car, it cant tell when to charge the 12v unless it is trigger by something?. It should be charging when the car is charging..doesnt make sense that you have to use the app or something to get it charged.  Are we 100% sure that the car does charge the 12v? I believe ya, just wow about the car at times..

I'm not going to use the car for a few days, so guess I'll have to use the app, just to make sure...

Edited by lonzo71

Thats crazy if thats true..with all the tech stuff in the car, it cant tell when to charge the 12v unless it is trigger by something?. It should be charging when the car is charging..doesnt make sense that you have to use the app or something to get it charged.  Are we 100% sure that the car does charge the 12v? I believe ya, just wow about the car at times..

I'm not going to use the car for a few days, so guess I'll have to use the app, just to make sure...

If you park and plug in for a few days it appears that the car determines how much charging the 12V needs when you plug in the car. It then does that charging. Once it finishes charging the 12V the 12V begins slowly discharging again. The car doesn't appear to try to charge the 12V again unless a Go Time or the MFM app triggers it to reassess the SOC of the 12V battery.

Edit: our car usually chooses to charge the 12V as soon as the car is plugged in, before the HVB charges overnight. In the morning the 12V is not charging. The 12V SOC might be 98 or 99 when the car stops charging it but the 12V SOC might show only 93 or 94 in the morning when we start driving. I have started tracking 12V SOC each time I leave with a full charge. I'm also tracking HVB SOC & ETE so I can measure HVB capacity loss over time.

Edited by Hybridbear