Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Remote Start Stopped working + Check Engine Light

eviltuna

So I'm up to 13,000KM with my Fusion Energi and everything was going great until yesterday, the remote start stopped working and I noticed the check Engine light came on, car seems to be running fine, but pressing Lock and remote start 2x doesn't work anymore, the car responds but wont warm up. Anyone ran into this problem? It was Sunday so figured I would call the dealer today.

Run a Vehicle Health Report for more info.

So I'm up to 13,000KM with my Fusion Energi and everything was going great until yesterday, the remote start stopped working and I noticed the check Engine light came on, car seems to be running fine, but pressing Lock and remote start 2x doesn't work anymore, the car responds but wont warm up. Anyone ran into this problem? It was Sunday so figured I would call the dealer today.

• 2 weeks later...

Now this is funny.  Now that I have run the health report and have acknowledged the APIM recall notice, remote start is now working.  All of this so that I know my APIM warranty is extended to five years.  LOL

Glad to hear the remote start works again! If you have any questions or concerns in the future, I'll be here. :)

In my case it doesn't work at all - probably related to the check engine light.  Not very happy about the reliability at this point - first new car ever that had a check engine light come on this early....11K miles...

Hi sccofer,

Has this concern been resolved since your last post here? Please let me know, so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

Edited by FordService

So I'm up to 13,000KM with my Fusion Energi and everything was going great until yesterday, the remote start stopped working and I noticed the check Engine light came on, ...It was Sunday so figured I would call the dealer today.

Thank you for reaching out, eviltuna. Have you taken the vehicle to your dealer? What's the current status? Please share more details; I'll check the available resources. 

Kwasi

Thank you for reaching out, eviltuna. Have you taken the vehicle to your dealer? What's the current status? Please share more details; I'll check the available resources. 

Kwasi

First I ran a vehicle health report.  Once I did that, the check engine light went out and remote start was working again.  I did take it to the dealer.  But he said there was nothing to do since the light went out.

• 2 weeks later...

My FFET is doing this now. Check engine light with under 2,000 miles, YGBFSM!! And remote start doesn't work. The car just honks and my remote blinks red three times.

I ran a vehicle health report and it tells me that... My check engine light is on. Wow, that was helpful! >:-(

Anyone find a solution yet? Do I really need to visit the dealer already for a car that's a month old? :(

First I ran a vehicle health report.  Once I did that, the check engine light went out and remote start was working again.  I did take it to the dealer.  But he said there was nothing to do since the light went out.

Thanks for the information, Frank. Kwasi and I work with customers in Canada. I'll get my US colleague Meagan to continue assisting; She'll be in contact soon.  :)

Nikki

Ford Service CA

Thanks for following up, Frank. If the concern returns, please let me know and I'll look into this further.

Thanks for the information, Frank. Kwasi and I work with customers in Canada. I'll get my US colleague Meagan to continue assisting; She'll be in contact soon.  :)

Nikki

Ford Service CA

Thanks Nikki!

My FFET is doing this now. Check engine light with under 2,000 miles, YGBFSM!! And remote start doesn't work. The car just honks and my remote blinks red three times.

I ran a vehicle health report and it tells me that... My check engine light is on. Wow, that was helpful! >:-(

Anyone find a solution yet? Do I really need to visit the dealer already for a car that's a month old?  :(

Hi there,

I want to look into this further. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Edited by FordService