Ford Fusion Energi Forum

DST Clock not resetting.

Apogee1

Anyone know why the clock hasn't rolled back an hour yet in the car?  I set all this up when I got the car.  I've been very frustrated with all my other cars that had this feature and it never worked until I manually changed it, and then it would roll back, at which time I had to move it forward again.  It's been about a month now and still nothing.  I fear if I manually change it, then it will decide to roll back like all my other cars do. What is the point of having this feature if it never works?

BTW, getting 175 MPG.  Last time I filled up, was July 17th when the price of gas was $3.45, it's down to $2.34 now, and I still have more than a quarter tank left. 

Edited by Apogee1

I got stumped by this too until Murphy indicated that the car doesn't do DST but it does automatically adjust timezones via the GPS.  I had confused the two.

Once you manually adjust the clock, it won't readjust itself unless you tell it to, or if you cross timezones (if you have that feature enabled).

Edited by Russael

Really dumb for any maker including Ford to have DST as a feature when a manual reset is required.  Thanks for the tip Murphy.  

BTW, I discovered that while the car in plugged in, you can only turn the car on (but is says you have to unplug first), but you have to unplug it to turn it off.  If you attempt to not turn it off, it stays on.  Another oversight by the designers of Ford.  Some simple code could fix this.

If external power detected, put car into safe mode power on.

If external power dectected while car is in safe mode power on and the power button is pressed again, turn off power to car.

Seems simple to me.

Edited by Apogee1

BTW, I discovered that while the car in plugged in, you can only turn the car on (but is says you have to unplug first), but you have to unplug it to turn it off.  If you attempt to not turn it off, it stays on.  Another oversight by the designers of Ford.  Some simple code could fix this.

My 2014 fusion energi se turns off just fine while plugged in

Edited by openair

Anyone know why the clock hasn't rolled back an hour yet in the car?  I set all this up when I got the car.  I've been very frustrated with all my other cars that had this feature and it never worked until I manually changed it, and then it would roll back, at which time I had to move it forward again.  It's been about a month now and still nothing.  I fear if I manually change it, then it will decide to roll back like all my other cars do. What is the point of having this feature if it never works?

BTW, getting 175 MPG.  Last time I filled up, was July 17th when the price of gas was $3.45, it's down to $2.34 now, and I still have more than a quarter tank left. 

Hi Apogee1,

I'm checking in on this, but below is the info I was able to find in the Owner Guide about how to change the time manually.

Page 303: Clock: Press this button to access the clock setting. Use the center arrow controls to change the hours and minutes. You can also set the clock by pressing the MENU button and scrolling to Clock Settings.

The menu structure is shown on page 308.

Meagan
Edited by FordService

Hey Apogee1, 

Meagan asked for me to chime in. On your MyFord Touch screen, press the 2 gears at the bottom of the screen, then press CLOCK. You'll be able to adjust the clock using the + and - buttons. Remember to choose AM or PM. 

Scroll down to see which clock options are available. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you should see an option to adjust the clock for daylight saving time (DST). It sounds like your system is functioning properly. 

Kim