Ford Fusion Energi Forum

My New Fusion Energi

tsarty17

Hey all,
My names Teal and I just picked up my 2015 Fusion Titanium guard.  I love it.  Looks wonderful and gets pretty good mileage from the 120 miles I have driven it.

What mpg do these get real world?  

Anyone else in the Humboldt county CA area?

My other ride is a 600hp 6.4 F350.  Kind of polar opposites with this car, but I love it as my daily.  

Teal

What you experience "real world" is going to be 100% up to your driving habits.

When around town, and I can use just electric I use no gas. When I drive across a few states I get 40-45mpg

Over the last year and 12k miles of driving I am averaging right at 65mpg. Lots of people here on the forum are going about 1 year per tank of gas.

Hey all,

My names Teal and I just picked up my 2015 Fusion Titanium guard.  I love it.  Looks wonderful and gets pretty good mileage from the 120 miles I have driven it.

What mpg do these get real world?  

Anyone else in the Humboldt county CA area?

My other ride is a 600hp 6.4 F350.  Kind of polar opposites with this car, but I love it as my daily.  

Teal

Wait, you have an Energi and are using an F350 as your daily driver???

Hey all,

My names Teal and I just picked up my 2015 Fusion Titanium guard.  I love it.  Looks wonderful and gets pretty good mileage from the 120 miles I have driven it....

Welcome to the forum!

I'm the current customer service rep here, and I'll be glad to jump in if you have any questions or concerns. :D

Meagan

No. My f350 was my daily. Was putting 3-4k a month on it and diesel was killing me. I'm a contractor so needed a truck but not everyday. Loving the energi so far. Really a great car. I wonder if I'm the youngest on here. Just turned 24. Any tips or tricks. I have like 200 miles on it. Charge it over night.

I've been using a light foot. Appears climate kills the ev mode battery. Been running the gas at first to heat up the car. Then ev mode. Then ev later when I hit the hills, and then ride the brakes (lightly) down to charge. I wish this had the engine brake feature like the prius to charge the batteries. Any other tips. I love the car.

I've been using a light foot. Appears climate kills the ev mode battery. Been running the gas at first to heat up the car. Then ev mode. Then ev later when I hit the hills, and then ride the brakes (lightly) down to charge. I wish this had the engine brake feature like the prius to charge the batteries. Any other tips. I love the car.

Setting a GO time with the car plugged in will preheat the car from utility power.  A 240 volt charger is required for this to work.  The maximum power from the 120 volt charger is too low to handle the task.

So using the grade assist button will achieve the same thing as slightly applying the brakes to charge the batteries?

Yes! If that isnt enough deceleration, you can also shift into low gear, which is max regen braking, but... if you have a full battery, low will cause the engine to turn on to use the engine as a brake, as it has nowhere to put the re-charged energy.

. I wonder if I'm the youngest on here. Just turned 24. Any tips or tricks. I have like 200 miles on it. Charge it over night.

You maybe, though I know there are a couple of owners here that just got out of college, so your not totally alone. And I like to think I am in the younger crowed, but then I realize I was in middle school when you were born. =(

Here are a few links for more tips and tricks:

Fuel For Thought: Mpg And Your Ford Hybrid

Smart Tips For Efficient Plug-In Hybrid Driving

Charge It: Your All-Electric Vehicle And Maximizing Your Range

Meagan