Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Engine ON Message Alert Please HELP!

Mikerph2002

I am driving a 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium, that I starting leasing in November it has about 2200 miles on it. For the last three days when ever I get in the car I get the a message that comes up "Engine ON Due to Low Use Normal Operation." I am not sure why this is coming on, probably because I have been driving it in EV mode only for just over two weeks. Today, the check engine light came on when I was coming home from work.

My questions are:

1. What does the Engine ON message alert mean? And how long does the car refuse to go into EV mode?

2. Is the check engine light related to the Engine ON alert message?

Thanks so much!

The engine has to run periodically to boil out any moisture that has condensed into the oil.  Also if you go 18 months without adding any gasoline to the tank the engine will run until the tank is down to 1/8 of a tank.  The gasoline burn off can be aborted by adding at least 1 gallon to the tank.  It will start again as soon as it determines that the gasoline is stale.

The check engine light has nothing to do with any of this.

I am driving a 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium, that I starting leasing in November it has about 2200 miles on it. For the last three days when ever I get in the car I get the a message that comes up "Engine ON Due to Low Use Normal Operation." I am not sure why this is coming on, probably because I have been driving it in EV mode only for just over two weeks. Today, the check engine light came on when I was coming home from work.

My questions are:

1. What does the Engine ON message alert mean? And how long does the car refuse to go into EV mode?

2. Is the check engine light related to the Engine ON alert message?

Thanks so much!

Have you had a chance to speak with your dealer about the check engine light? I want to see how I can best assist.

Meagan