Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Car goes in limp when fully charged

tsarty17

I have a super odd problem. Charged car up to almost fully charged and left work. Went down a rather large hill and when the battery fully charged it came up with an exclamation point saying "pull over safely". I did. Turned car off and back on and everything was fine. Drove about 30 miles went down another big hill and when the battery hit 19 miles same thing. This time it through an engine light too. Turned car off and back on and drove to the dealer which was closed. Anyone heard of this? I have an appointment Monday

No, this sounds odd.... I live on a hill in my neighborhood so almost all of the first 9/10 of a mile when leaving the house is downhill and lightly applying the brake that normally induces regen sometimes shows up, but many times does not (I assume that's when the HVB is full and doesn't need any more) - but has never thrown any errors like you noted.

Can you make this occur again by going on the same route (assuming it's close to home)?  If so, see if you can run a VHR while it's in the error condition (if pulled over safely, of course).  In either case, hopefully any error code is stored so that the dealer can retrieve it and see what's up.

Just heard back from the dealer and it's the battery regen control module. They are ordering another one.

Hi tsarty17, 

I want to loop in your customer service manager on this. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name location.

Meagan

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to follow up on this.  I just picked the car up and they replaced the battery control module (FM5Z 10B687).  I charged and drove the car and noticed two things.   First off the problem never came back, so thats good.  But, I also noticed my range is significantly increased.  I was happily surprised.