Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Leasing Ford Fusion Titanium Energi - what did others pay?

samca

Sticker was $39k, I put down $1000, payment is $302/month on a 36m/15k lease.

Also, don't buy the whole down payment hype.  A lease is actually very simple.  It's selling price and fees, minus residual, plus interest, all divided by term.  That's it.  For example, if the selling price (including fees) of the car you are looking to lease is $30000, and the residual is $20000, then you are going to pay $10000 for that lease.  You can put nothing down and pay $10000 over 36 months (if that's the term you choose), or you can put $1000 down and pay $9000 over 36 months (resulting in a lower payment), or you can put down $5000 and pay $5000 over 36 months.  In all scenarios you are paying $10000 for the lease.  In fact there is an argument for a higher down payment - it reduces the interest you have to pay on the lease.  The original argument is against BIG down payments, like the $3000-$4000 that advertised lease specials always require.  In almost all cases, if you are going to put down that much money, you are going to get a better deal on a longer-term buy than a lease, so basically, you shouldn't be leasing if you can put that much down.  A common response to this is "well the only way I can afford the payment is to lease and put $4000 down!"...guess what that means?  That means YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE CAR!

...and i'll stop here before I segway into a rant on people and their money.

I am planning on leasing Fusion Titanium Energi.  Looking to find out what did others pay and with what options.  Also what was your down payment, monthly lease payment, Money Factor and how much fees did you pay.  Any help is welcome.  Thanks.

2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium, navigation, moonroof, HomeLink (aka "universal garage door opener"), heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel. 3 year lease at 12,000 miles/year, I only put first cost down, I pay $390/mo.

BTW, that heated steering wheel is the best money I've ever spent on a car. $150 and worth every penny up here in Wisconsin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, found this topic very helpful when leasing my energi.

New owner of magnetic ford fusion energi titanium on day 3 and loving it!

I was getting a daily driver and was looking for electric car that had decent passenger room and looked nice.  Tech gadgets were a must.  Only cars I really could consider at the moment were tesla and the FFET.  Tesla was out of my price range so was "settling" for the FFET.

I took it out for 1 test drive and decided on searching for good 2/3 year lease terms.  

Found a decent deal with about $1700 cash down (inc first month lease payment and security) and about $360/mth (tax inc) for 24mths / 12k mi/yr.  The tax credits and ford cash was included (ford red carpet lease program)...assume put toward money down.  I also have to mention I got the $750 competitive lease conquest bonus...again assume added into money down.  Pretty fully loaded in magnetic with driver assist pkg (must have), heated steering wheel (love it), heated/cooled seats, active park assist (wanted the sensors), adaptive cruise control (love it), sunroof, nav pkg, rear inf seatbelts.  MSRP was over 42k...i think 42.6k

I expected to be driving a ho hum electric car.  Much to my surprise, although only driving it for 3 days, I find I"m loving the fusion.  My daily drive is almost completely electric...with last 2-3 miles being gas powered.  I love how quiet the drive is.  I like the fit and finish, both exterior and interior.  Of course both could do with more polish, but my impression is of a premium car fit/finish interior/exterior.

What I found surprising was, as soon as I picked up the car, I was able to set up all the nav/bluetooth/electric goodies thru the touch screen without touching the manual...it was super easy.  I think ford did a great job at making the mytouch sync as intuitive as possible.  The voice commands for dialing my phone book are spot on.  I think I sat at the dealer parking lot for about 20 min doing all of the above and programming in my top 5 destinations into the nav.  I don't know about what reviewers are saying about difficult setting up...they must not be tech saavy (many people like to say they are tech saavy, but are not really tech saavy...my personal bias IMO are many of the iphone users fall in this category IMO).  The icons are very intuitive.  If you have trouble turning on your heated seats or steering wheel, I just don't know what to say.  Sure you need to spend 20+ min sitting in car to familiarize yourself with the touchscreen and steering wheel controls.  But once you do, it's fairly intuitive.

I keep my left screen on engage to monitor my energy usage...my right dash screen sits on either the station/song info or the coaching screen.  Maximizing ev is also pretty intuitive.  Don't stomp on accelerator or brake.  Try to do slow accel and slow braking...means anticipating your speeding up/braking a little (or a lot depending on how you drive) earlier than you usually do.

Minor gripes are:

1. longer telescoping steering wheel...most cars don't telescope enough for us tall guys

2. when seats are at farthest back position (tall guy), little difficult to get out of car because steel frame gets in way of exit

3. surround sound setting doesn't stick...have to turn it on every time I start the car.

Wants:

1. more electric only range/bigger battery

2. AWD option

3. HID or LED headlights/parking lights

Overall pleasantly surprised at how NICE the car is...thanks ford for some nice lease numbers!

Edited by shadodark

• 1 month later...

2015 Energi Titanium - $41K sticker. Heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, NAV, Moonroof, All weather mats, metallic red. $2K down, 2.5K trade-in, $159/month with 10,500 miles per year for 36 months.  Taxes bring final payment to $208/month

[Note: I owned my previous vehicle for 10 years minus 1 month, and it had 126K on it.  I am driving approximately 10 miles less to work than I did for the majority of those years so 10,500 miles might be a little low but not crazy]

• 3 weeks later...

Canadian Pricing mind you, sticker incl HST was ~ $55,000

Got it for $51,000 0% for 5 years so ~$700 /mo
EV Rebate is $5,800
Insruance bought my old totalled 2013 Fusion Hybrid for $37,500 which I just put into my margin account

= $7,000 over 5 years :)

Edited by expresspotato

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

2016 titanium. Heated/cooled seats, magnetic color, nav, moonroof, heated steering wheel. 800a equipment group. 39k and change msrp. 0 down 12k miles/ year = $356/ month all taxes and fees included

Had something over $8k in cap reduction from Costco, tax, and something else. I didn't have to ask for any of these and I was looking for a suv for my wife. Was considering a CTS for myself but the salesman came in and said 356 for this and I almost fell out of my chair. A CTS is almost twice that so I went with not paying fuel costs! Only had it a week yet but quite happy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New user here, but very versed with shopping for FFET.

To nilduam2001 asking about below MSRP because of the incentives I have this to say - HECK NO! ! ! Do NOT pay anywhere near MSRP because of the discounts.  That is complete, utter, and silly nonsense.  I am looking at a few 2015 as well as 2016s with the same big incentive you mentioned. 

I am trying to link to a 2015 I'm considering, but the site doesn't seem to allow me to.  Search for Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA. They have one 2015 left.  It is marked down $6k from MSRP BEFORE ANY incentives. That lease for 36 months at 10,500mi/year and $1500 down (since I get a $1500 CA PHEV rebate) but includes first month's payment is $238/mo for 35 months based on .0025MF (6% from Ford lease financing) and 44% residual after 36mo.  I was told that the money factor nor the residual was negotiable. 

$42,860

-6000 customer savings from dealer

________

$36,860 sale price (used for taxes and fees)

-$12,507 rebates, includes $4007 federal rebate

________

$24353

$3232 tax

$469 fees

$28504 total if purchased or $1500 down (CVRP rebate amount) = $238/mo

New user here, but very versed with shopping for FFET.

To nilduam2001 asking about below MSRP because of the incentives I have this to say - HECK NO! ! ! Do NOT pay anywhere near MSRP because of the discounts.  That is complete, utter, and silly nonsense.  I am looking at a few 2015 as well as 2016s with the same big incentive you mentioned. 

I am trying to link to a 2015 I'm considering, but the site doesn't seem to allow me to.  Search for Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA. They have one 2015 left.  It is marked down $6k from MSRP BEFORE ANY incentives. That lease for 36 months at 10,500mi/year and $1500 down (since I get a $1500 CA PHEV rebate) but includes first month's payment is $238/mo for 35 months based on .0025MF (6% from Ford lease financing) and 44% residual after 36mo.  I was told that the money factor nor the residual was negotiable. 

$42,860

-6000 customer savings from dealer

________

$36,860 sale price (used for taxes and fees)

-$12,507 rebates, includes $4007 federal rebate

________

$24353

$3232 tax

$469 fees

$28504 total if purchased or $1500 down (CVRP rebate amount) = $238/mo

Hi Scottsfusion,

I was able to find a regular  2015 Energi SE with no extra options for zero down and 35 monthly payments of $305. I think it was an OK deal, I tried lowering it and got turned down by at least 3 dealers in south florida who thought I was crazy, ultimately had to drive 250 miles to Tampa to get this.

This includes excess wear and tear coverage from Ford Credit.

MSRP $36,295 Rebate -$11,007 End of Lease buyout $15,018 Zero Down + 35 Monthly payments includes EWT and all DMV fee $287 .5 + $17.5(tax) = $305

• 1 year later...

My fully loaded 2017 Energi Titanium minus the ventilated seats, navigation, and engine block heater, with 17" wheels, was being advertised for $22998. It was barely a year old with just 7800 miles on it. Previous owner was actually the Ford HQ - this was a corporate fleet car.

After trade-in, taxes, and title/licensing fees (in Michigan they charge extra for hybrids/plug-ins and even more for full EVs, and sales tax is calculated on the full amount of the car rather than on the post-trade difference =_=), it came to a little under $11,000 which I negotiated down to $10k out the door.

Before driving to the dealer, I took out my Sync3+nav+USB hub that I'd reprogrammed for my 2013 hybrid, and put back the horrible MyFordTouch for the trade-in. After taking possession of the Energi, I took apart its dashboard and replaced the APIM with the one I removed from my 2013 (keeping the newer screen). I then fiddled with Forscan code for a few minutes and finally had navigation in my Energi :)

Sold the non-nav APIM with my old Sync3 screen and USB hub for $450 and used that to partially offset the cost of new Nokian winter tires.

Kinda wish I'd replaced the aftermarket HIDs I put in my 2013 with the stock bulbs and at least sell the ballasts, but was too lazy to go through the process. I also left a nice sharkfin antenna on the 2013, along with a 2016 FCIM with hard buttons (since the capacitive buttons on the old panel were horrible). Hundreds down the drain but hopefully the next owner will appreciate them...

Edited by 4cylinder

As Dave Ramsey says "Lease=Fleece". :)

I got a my 2017 Titanium fully loaded as a factory exec or corporate fleet car as you mentioned, with about 7500 miles on it.  The sticker was almost $44K and I got it for $24K.  Of course i did not get the 4K tax rebate but still felt i got a great deal.  I love the heated seats and steering wheel.  Cooled seats are pretty awesome too.  Nav sucks compared to a Garmin.

As Dave Ramsey says "Lease=Fleece". :)

I got a my 2017 Titanium fully loaded as a factory exec or corporate fleet car as you mentioned, with about 7500 miles on it.  The sticker was almost $44K and I got it for $24K.  Of course i did not get the 4K tax rebate but still felt i got a great deal.  I love the heated seats and steering wheel.  Cooled seats are pretty awesome too.  Nav sucks compared to a Garmin.

Wow, you got an even better discount than I did - Mine listed for $22998 with a sticker of about $39.5k, and had 300 more miles. And I didn't get cooled seats :(

Nav is a lot better than Sync2 but I rarely use it since I have Android Auto with Google Maps.

Garmin's real advantage is the lane guidance (also available on Google Maps). Wish the Sync3 nav had that. 

On a 400+ mile trip, I found the Ford's nav to be almost identical to Google Maps.  Including two traffic detours.  The only slight difference was when on one detour, one told me to get back on the highway one entrance sooner than the other.

I use GPS mostly for estimated time of arrival and find that the Nav in the vehicle is way off compared to my Garmin.  ETA on NAV will adjust frequently.  I know that my ride to work is 55 minutes yet NAV will put it at 1:08 and then adjust over the course of the trip.