Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2014 Fusion Energi SE

mgurski22

Hey everyone just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I currently lease a 2014 Fusion Energi SE as well as a 2013 Edge SEL. I work as a sales consultant for a dealership in the Philadelphia area so luckily I was able to get D-plan on both of them. Consider me your insider I'm willing to help you guys out in anyway that I can, whether it be questions or sales!

Hey everyone just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I currently lease a 2014 Fusion Energi SE as well as a 2013 Edge SEL. I work as a sales consultant for a dealership in the Philadelphia area so luckily I was able to get D-plan on both of them. Consider me your insider I'm willing to help you guys out in anyway that I can, whether it be questions or sales!

Welcome! Thanks for the insider scoop offer.

One question: what's your dealership's policy on letting Focus Electric & Fusion/C-Max Energi owners charge at the dealership? Do they let you charge while at work?

Edited by Hybridbear

Welcome! Thanks for the insider scoop offer.

One question: what's your dealership's policy on letting Focus Electric & Fusion/C-Max Energi owners charge at the dealership? Do they let you charge while at work?

No problem! Our dealership currently has two charge point stations (with two chargers each) in front that offers free charges as long as you have a charge point account. I charge my Energi for free while at work and also take advantage of go times so I always have a warm/cool interior when I'm ready to leave for the day!

No problem! Our dealership currently has two charge point stations (with two chargers each) in front that offers free charges as long as you have a charge point account. I charge my Energi for free while at work and also take advantage of go times so I always have a warm/cool interior when I'm ready to leave for the day!

That's great! Do you know if Ford Corp provides any direction for dealers about letting customers charge? It seems that Ford dealers around Minneapolis are especially hostile toward letting Focus Electric & Energi owners charge. They even refuse to charge vehicles when they're in for service.

They even refuse to charge vehicles when they're in for service.

Wow... that seems to go against the qualifications for EV certified dealerships. Why make it a requirement for 2 chargers if you do not allow your customers to use them, especially when they are in the act of using your dealership.

I can sorta understand (not really) them not liking you using them if you did not buy your car from them or randomly when you are near the dealership, but not when you are in for service.  Really makes you want to go back and buy another car from them, NOT! Very short sighted, they will spend real $$ to advertise to you but go out of their way to make you upset over $0.75 (or less) worth of electricity. Probably another example of the dealership not really understanding these cars and what it actually costs to charge a car. 

My dealership told me to use the charger anytime I want. They also plug it in after they service it -- just have to ask. 

Do you mind stating the dealer(s) that have been hostile or refuse to charge?

New Brighton Ford, Midway Ford, Freeway Ford, Apple Valley Ford. Those are the four that have either done maintenance on our Energi or Focus Electric or on my parents' C-Max Energi. At each dealer we have asked the SA to charge the car and all four dealers have refused. Both of us bought cars from Apple Valley Ford and they still refuse to charge our cars when in for service. We also bought a car from Midway Ford and they wouldn't charge while in for service.

New Brighton Ford told my dad, "We don't allow anyone to use the chargers." Freeway Ford told me, "The charger in the service bay is only available when we are directed by the Ford Hotline to use it on a customer vehicle."

Edited by Hybridbear

New Brighton Ford, Midway Ford, Freeway Ford, Apple Valley Ford. Those are the four that have either done maintenance on our Energi or Focus Electric or on my parents' C-Max Energi. At each dealer we have asked the SA to charge the car and all four dealers have refused. Both of us bought cars from Apple Valley Ford and they still refuse to charge our cars when in for service.

New Brighton Ford told my dad, "We don't allow anyone to use the chargers." Freeway Ford told me, "The charger in the service bay is only available when we are directed by the Ford Hotline to use it on a customer vehicle."

Thanks for sharing. I just took delivery of a 2015 Energi from Metropolitan Ford on January 7th.  I will have to see what their policy is when I have my car in for service.  I'm just shocked that you have had this experience at so many dealers.

Thanks for sharing. I just took delivery of a 2015 Energi from Metropolitan Ford on January 7th.  I will have to see what their policy is when I have my car in for service.  I'm just shocked that you have had this experience at so many dealers.

How was the experience there? I'm thinking they'll be my next stop for service. I have a list of TSBs that need to be done on our Fusion Energi, but I'm waiting for spring to do them.

That's great! Do you know if Ford Corp provides any direction for dealers about letting customers charge? It seems that Ford dealers around Minneapolis are especially hostile toward letting Focus Electric & Energi owners charge. They even refuse to charge vehicles when they're in for service.

Thats a good question like I said I know we allow customers to charge for free provided they have a charge point account. The charge is free but I believe I had to put $25 down to open a Charge Point account. I believe Ford leaves it up to the dealers discretion since the dealer is the one paying for the installation of the stations. We don't have any charge ports in our service area to my knowledge so I don't believe they charge them while they are in for service to be honest with you.

How was the experience there? I'm thinking they'll be my next stop for service. I have a list of TSBs that need to be done on our Fusion Energi, but I'm waiting for spring to do them.

Much better than my experience at Morrie’s Minnetonka Ford.  I had received an “out the door” price from them, so I stopped in to have my trade appraised.  The Enegri I was looking at was inbound to dealer.  Well when the car arrived the price I was quoted went up $1,600.  I told them where to go and gave Metro a shot.  The salesman went out of his way to track one down for me (traded with a dealer in WI), so I couldn’t be happier with them.  I haven’t had service yet, so not sure how that will go.  Funny thing is a got an email from Morrie’s saying the price was reduced if I was still interested (back to the price I was originally quoted).  That was a fun email to respond to.  I’m really glad I didn’t do business with them…

Thats a good question like I said I know we allow customers to charge for free provided they have a charge point account. The charge is free but I believe I had to put $25 down to open a Charge Point account. I believe Ford leaves it up to the dealers discretion since the dealer is the one paying for the installation of the stations. We don't have any charge ports in our service area to my knowledge so I don't believe they charge them while they are in for service to be honest with you.

ChargePoint does not currently require a payment to open an account. You are required to provide them with a credit card so that they can charge you if you use a pay station. If you use pay stations the charge to your card is $25. As your balance gets low they automatically bill your card $25 to refill.

In order for a dealer to sell the EVs they are required to have a charger in the service dept. Otherwise how could they repair the electric vehicles or test/diagnose charging issues?

The one in the service department is for diagnostic testing of the charging system.

They are also supposed to have one outside but in my experience there are always cars parked in front of it so it can't be used.

They don't put gasoline in your car while it is in for service so why would you expect them to charge the battery?

They don't put gasoline in your car while it is in for service so why would you expect them to charge the battery?

Many dealers actually do if they have to do a large amount of driving. Multiple dealers have put gas in our car without us asking them to when they've had to drive 20+ miles as part of their diagnostics.

Well I got under coating done while waited. I came in with a 50% charge. I left with zero. They ran the hvac to dissipate the smell. Would think they could have plugged in it outside during this time. There are also not adverse me using the outside charging unit. They say i should hang out for an extra two hours after my service is finished if i want a charge.

3 visits. Brought here in with some charge, left with 3 dead batteries.

Or like i told a Chevy dealer before i bought my fusion. If one dealer won't apply for the provincial incentive on my behalf (charge my car) and another dealership will... I wonder which is going to get my money...

Edited by openair