Ford Fusion Energi Forum

climate control from home screen

openair

This morning, on the centre lcd I tried to turn on the seat warmers and the auto climate. Neither worked. It clicked like I was pressing them but no response. I then touched beside one of these buttons to enter the climate screen. This worked fine. So obviously I was not just missing the buttons. The buttons within the climate screen worked fine.

Anyone else experience this?

This morning, on the centre lcd I tried to turn on the seat warmers and the auto climate. Neither worked. It clicked like I was pressing them but no response. I then touched beside one of these buttons to enter the climate screen. This worked fine. So obviously I was not just missing the buttons. The buttons within the climate screen worked fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Hey openair, 

Just read over this concerns, and your others about the door handle's opening feature: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/2948-intelligent-access-drivers-door-behavior/?do=findComment&comment=18932 and about the grinding noise: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/2950-grinding-noise-last-5-10-feet/#entry18938

Have you told your CSM about these? Please let me know if you have informed them, and if you are working with your dealer towards resolving these; with this information, I'll determine how to proceed. 

Nikki

Ford Service CA

Edited by FordServiceCA

Some issues yes.  Some are newer.  Hoping to get into the dealership again this Friday and was supposed to be hearing from someone else at Ford again later this week.  Was going to mention the new developments then.  Of course, like the wipers previously, all except the grinding issue seems to have fixed itself again.  

The navigation was also off route again last night.  Like the other issues, this is also very intermittent.  Having only occurred about 6-8 times.  This time however was right near my house.  A location it has worked flawless many times in the past.  So i don't think it is just local interference anymore.  Possibly because it was -22C?

Edited by openair

The nav system, as I was told by my dealership, its the GPS unit. They have a "special" tech that can get it to  sync to the map. Sadly, at my dealership, the tech is only there between 1030AM and 1130AM weekdays....

That's rediculous, they should offer you a loaner so you can drop it off in the morning and pick it up at lunch or after work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey openair, 

Have you told your CSM about these? Please let me know if you have informed them, and if you are working with your dealer towards resolving these; with this information, I'll determine how to proceed. 

Nikki

Ford Service CA

Picked up the vehicle Thursday night.  The person who did the "leg work" was not there. No one else could tell me what was done or found out.  Finally got to speak to him today.  They applied a software update for the navigation.  They poked each intermittent issue and they worked fine for them.  They listened for the noises i had complained about "while coming to stop" during "acceleration." Asked him to confirm "acceleration" twice.  They did nothing else.

Driving away from the dealership the front end made the whining noise 3 times before the first stop light.  The driver's floor vent was blasting cold air with front defrost on (another new issue) and the driver's wiper was again getting stuck (i now believe this is actually the wiper blade and the same reason it makes a noise every time it swipes).

Saturday the navigation was again off location.

They told me before i should hang out for two hours after my service visit to get a charge.  I asked them to plug in my car when i dropped it off.  I dropped off a letter with the vehicle detailing all my issues and noting my name, number, the fact it was a plugin hybrid and to please plug it in when able.  They gave this letter to the mechanic.  I picked it up with a 25% charge.  They charged it for exactly one hour in the ~27 hours it was there.  I should hang out for two hours after they've had the vehicle overnight for a charge?

I have now made an appointment for a 2nd opinion with a different dealership.

Edited by openair

Picked up the vehicle Thursday night.  The person who did the "leg work" was not there. No one else could tell me what was done or found out.  Finally got to speak to him today.  They applied a software update for the navigation.  They poked each intermittent issue and they worked fine for them.  They listened for the noises i had complained about "while coming to stop" during "acceleration." Asked him to confirm "acceleration" twice.  They did nothing else.

Driving away from the dealership the front end made the whining noise 3 times before the first stop light.  The driver's floor vent was blasting cold air with front defrost on (another new issue) and the driver's wiper was again getting stuck (i now believe this is actually the wiper blade and the same reason it makes a noise every time it swipes).

Saturday the navigation was again off location.

They told me before i should hang out for two hours after my service visit to get a charge.  I asked them to plug in my car when i dropped it off.  I dropped off a letter with the vehicle detailing all my issues and noting my name, number, the fact it was a plugin hybrid and to please plug it in when able.  They gave this letter to the mechanic.  I picked it up with a 25% charge.  They charged it for exactly one hour in the ~27 hours it was there.  I should hang out for two hours after they've had the vehicle overnight for a charge?

I have now made an appointment for a 2nd opinion with a different dealership.

Thanks for the update, openair. Do you have booking arrangements with the other dealer? Send that over: I'll request a follow-up from your CSM to see what solutions are available. 

Nikki 

Ford Service CA

Tomorrow, Saturday, at 1 pm at Mount Bridges Ford. I left a voice mail detailing this with Mathew (i believe that's who you mean by CSM?) last night and he returned my call this morning.

I should add that this morning, after having the hood open for probably the second or third time since courtesy replaced the latch, the hood ajar light and message have returned.

The hood is now correctly latched on the passenger side but apears slightly unflush, unlike the other edges where the hood and body meet, at the drivers front quarter of the hood. It does not want to latch any further down.

Edit: after looking for any ice and trying to close the hood two more times I gave up. But part way into my drive an on coming transport truck lifted the hood a bit so a tried again. This time it closed first try and has since. Idk if the wind from the transport blew out some ice obstructing the hood or it's somehow another intermittent issue.

Edited by openair

Tomorrow, Saturday, at 1 pm at Mount Bridges Ford. I left a voice mail detailing this with Mathew (i believe that's who you mean by CSM?) last night and he returned my call this morning.

I should add that this morning, after having the hood open for probably the second or third time since courtesy replaced the latch, the hood ajar light and message have returned.

The hood is now correctly latched on the passenger side but apears slightly unflush, unlike the other edges where the hood and body meet, at the drivers front quarter of the hood. It does not want to latch any further down.

Edit: after looking for any ice and trying to close the hood two more times I gave up. But part way into my drive an on coming transport truck lifted the hood a bit so a tried again. This time it closed first try and has since. Idk if the wind from the transport blew out some ice obstructing the hood or it's somehow another intermittent issue.

Thanks for the update, openair.  :)  Seemingly, everything is functioning as intended. Feel free to reach out if this situation changes, or if something else comes up; I'll be more than happy to help. 

Nikki

Ford Service CA