Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Other or former cars.. post 'em up!

Platinum15Ti

First car was a 2008 Fusion SEL V6 AWD with tons of rattles but otherwise solid mechanical reliability. I bought it in 2012.

In 2014 I traded in the 2008 Fusion for a certified pre-owned 2013 Fusion Hybrid ice storm with the luxury and tech packages and Active Park Assist. I absolutely loved that car to death and sank hundreds into personalizing it, but eventually upgraded to the 2017 Energi nearly fully loaded because I really, really wanted that sweet safety tech.

For one year I temporarily drove my dad's 2003 Lexus LS430 while my parents took care of the FFH, since I was in grad school. That was one fine automobile.

I also have a 2015 Escape titanium fully loaded (minus moonroof) as my secondary car. I inherited that from my sister because her company has sent her abroad temporarily for work. When she moves back I'll hand it over, but she doesn't mind if I trade it for something else as long as she gets to have it lol (thinking of changing it to a 2018 Equinox or Terrain when they hit the used market).

Whenever I visit my parents for the holidays I share their 2009 Lexus LS460 or 2018 Chevrolet Volt.

Edited by 4cylinder

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1988 - 1995 --'77 toyota celica, what a car!

'1995 - 1997 -- 95 toyota paseo (new), crashed it

1997 - 2007 -- '96 nissan sentra SE-R

2000 - 2005 -- '90 Kawasaki ninja 600S (bought crashed, replaced the forks and ripped off all the fairings, ran it as a hoodlum bike)

2001 -- ''69 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser (was daily driver for a couple years, still sitting in the garage, rusting to dust) (8 mpg!)

2007 - 2017 -- '00 Chevy silverado (15 mpg!)

'17 FFE (used, 8000 miles)

Thanks for the memories!

• 2 years later...

Time for the newbie to resurrect an old thread...

2004 - Present - 1997 Thunderbird

2010 - 2017 - 2007 Mercury Milan (wife's)

2011 - 2014 - 1994 Mercury Cougar

2014 - 2018 - 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

2017 - 2020 - 2007 Ford Fusion (wife's)

2018 - Present - 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC

2020 - Present - 2017 Ford Fusion Energi

The Thunderbird is, as my wife proclaims proudly, "the other woman". As my first car it received a lot of aftermarket attention as I was coming of age. I've got an affinity for the old MN12/FN10 platform, as you can see I've owned 4 of them over the years. After having them for so long, I find maintenance to be "easy" and inexpensive.

• 9 months later...

Two comments:

(1) I just gave a fairly unflattering review of my 2018 Chevy Bolt in my Welcome thread, check it out (it sucked)...

(2) the best gas car I have kept is my 1988 Chevy S10 Tahoe short bed which I won at an Oakland A's game! Perfectly restored with a few nice touches like a Flowmaster stainless cat-back dual system, and a custom Tool box. All original everything, and the story is worth more than the truck!

On 9/27/2021 at 2:02 AM, DozerCSX said:

Two comments:

(1) I just gave a fairly unflattering review of my 2018 Chevy Bolt in my Welcome thread, check it out (it sucked)...

(2) the best gas car I have kept is my 1988 Chevy S10 Tahoe short bed which I won at an Oakland A's game! Perfectly restored with a few nice touches like a Flowmaster stainless cat-back dual system, and a custom Tool box. All original everything, and the story is worth more than the truck!

How did you win it?  Random  drawing?  Some feat of skill?

Hi there - I won it in the A's annual Paper Airplane throwing fund raiser contest - the Grand Prize for hitting the on field target! 1988... It's now 33 years old, but looks better than I do! It has a custom S10 tool box, a spray on bedliner, original Rally steel wheels, and it's on its 3rd crappy motor (2.8l TBI V6 also kind of sucks)

FB_IMG_16327255323981545.jpg

Edited by DozerCSX
Added information