Ford Fusion Energi Forum

What's the coolest car you've ever driven?

Platinum15Ti

I can't pinpoint just one.. I've driven several but here are a few.

A good friend of mine picked up a highly optioned McLaren MP4 12C and as always when he gets a new car asks if I want to come drive it and get some photos and videos. Of course, I never say no. 

The entire chassis is carbon fiber and aluminum. The car has a ton of other carbon fiber as well.. It weighs just over 2,800 lbs. and makes around 600 HP, so needless to say, it's quick! They are said to go low-mid 10's at mid-high 130's in the 1/4 mile in stock form. It stops on a dime as well with the huge carbon ceramic brakes and the wing assisted air brake which feels like a parachute coming out at speed.. It handles better than anything I've ever driven (including Ferrari's, GTR, Corvettes, etc.)

0-60 is about 3 seconds and the top speed is 207 mph.

DSC04029_zps1d4b4b0b.jpg

DSC04023_zpsde2c3b3c.jpg

DSC04034_zps009e1da9.jpg

DSC04042_zpsf552b989.jpg

DSC04027_zpsb80ea255.jpg

DSC04026_zps5a5fb17a.jpg

DSC04028_zps8e22a36b.jpg

DSC04039_zpse9576c02.jpg

DSC04036_zps97c10198.jpg

DSC04033_zps5d67c70d.jpg

911, Lotus Elise, Vette (all from people I knew), and MG midget (first sports car I had at 16 & 17 years old -- drove like a go cart, but was a blast) are probably the most interesting I have driven. Most frightening drive was my friends Honda 500 Interceptor, almost killed myself on that thing - was at or near 70mph switching into 2nd gear. 

I have enjoyed driving just about every car I have owned. The sad thing about your car... is that it kills a dream. You want a car so bad, you save up for it, research it, find the perfect one... then after about 2 weeks it is just your car. 

When you think about the Ford Fusion Energi it is much more rare than many of the cars in this thread... probably as many people can say they driven one as any other car mentioned in this topic. Less than 20,000 sold to date. That is pretty special. 

• 2 weeks later...