Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Order timelines

jstewart0131

Has anyone ordered a Fusion Energi lately here?  I have decided on FFE Titanium with the driver assist package, adaptive cruise, nav, heated/cooled seats, and heated wheel.  I haven't had much luck finding that combo, let alone in Deep Impact Blue so I inquired about ordering with my local dealer.  They have a Black Titanium on the lot without cooled seats or adaptive cruise that they wanted me to pick up yesterday, but I held fast that I want exactly the features I want.  The dealer said it would likely be 12+ weeks.

Edited by jstewart0131

It took approximately 4 months to the day to take delivery of my special order, and that was back in 2013 when Ford was running only 1 plant for Ford Fusions.  They're now running 2, but from order date to delivery is still almost guaranteed to take around about 3 months.  It makes me nuts when dealers promise 8 weeks.  That isn't realistic.  I don't know of anybody who has gotten one that fast unless one was already in transit, but then that isn't exactly a special order either.

Another solution is to do what a few others have done on here - shop for one out of state, fly there, and drive it back.  It's a little more expensive, but as they say, time is money.  :)

My timeline is irrelivant as I ordered mine before production started on the 2015 models.  In addition to Russael's suggestion, the dealership should also be able to locate one exactly as you want it and have it shipped to you for about $400 +/- a few hundred depending on distance which may be worth it depending on the flight costs and how much you value your time off.  You could probably negotate a better deal if you found one yourself though.

Good luck in whatever way you go,

-Doug

In the San Francisco area, there are dozens with the exact specs that you would want.  (check out Serramonte Ford in SF or The Ford Store in Morgan Hill, two of the largest in the area) I don't know if a dealer would ship that far, but you may have some luck.  You could also fly out and drive back with the trunk filled with (2 cases of) wine!

Also, look on Ford's website for all in-stock cars in the region (extended dealer inventory)  The model you  are looking for should be easy to find; it's at the top of the price spectrum. You can copy the VIN and google it; it will almost always tell you what dealer the car is physically located at.

Edited by traumatic

Has anyone ordered a Fusion Energi lately here?  I have decided on FFE Titanium with the driver assist package, adaptive cruise, nav, heated/cooled seats, and heated wheel.  I haven't had much luck finding that combo, let alone in Deep Impact Blue so I inquired about ordering with my local dealer.  They have a Black Titanium on the lot without cooled seats or adaptive cruise that they wanted me to pick up yesterday, but I held fast that I want exactly the features I want.  The dealer said it would likely be 12+ weeks.

If you do decide to order ( I saw you mention possibly picking one up from a dealer's inventory), I can track it for you. Just let me know! :)

Meagan

It looks like I will be picking up a black fusion energi titanium on Friday from a dealer in Cincinnati. It has the options I wanted plus moonroof and they are honoring x plan and giving me 37k for my 2013 f150 fx4 Ecoboost with 14.5k miles. It's a deal I just can't pass up. I'm looking at $354/month for 24 months and 10,500 miles with $4000 down plus tax and title.