Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Newbie Ford Fusion Titanium -plug in hybrid

zugbug99

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to your new ride.  Interesting that you traded in such a big truck for one of these cars.  Makes sense if you no longer needed the utility.

Anyway, be sure to abuse the forum search feature to try to find answers to burning questions.  Of course, if you can't find it, post it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,  I too am a new owner of a Fusion energi 2014. But as of yet have not had a chance to spend time with it.  Bought it a week ago and the first day I had it the charging cable would not work (mind you that the vehicle is used (lease/rental) with 9346 mi)  had to be sent to the Dealer for troubleshooting. Last Friday, they said it definitely was the cable but didn't have any replacements on hand.  Hoping to get it back tonight.

I am as green as it can get with respect to Hybrid vehicles and I am anxious to get into this one.

Welcome, zugbug99! I am in Scottsdale with a 2013 FFE. I absolutely love the car. 12k+ miles, currently getting 101-102MPG for my Lifetime Summary. That includes one full Summer here. I fill up the tank around every 2 months. My average trip is 32 miles and 85% of those miles are driven using the initial battery charge and the incredible regenerative system. I typically get low-mid 20s on my initial battery range. One time I got 35 miles. 

I haven't bought an L2 charger. I just plug it in every night into a 110/120v wall outlet. 

Sadly, I don't see many FFEs on the road. If you are interested, there is a Phoenix branch of the Electric Auto Association. They have meetings once a month and also hold events to educate the public. The members have Teslas, Chevy Volts, Ford Focus EV, Kia Soul EV, and other plugins. I'm the only FFE so would love to see more. 

Enjoy your FFE!