Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New Energi - No range displayed on battery icon?

expresspotato

Ahhh.

What model year did you buy?  For the 2013, under Display -> [any display mode except MyView (which is extremely customizable)] -> Battery Display -> Charge Level -> should be set to Yes here.

Charge Level — This indicates the State of Charge of the battery. Additionally, for
Energi vehicles the option only applies for the Hybrid Mode battery display (simple
battery graphic). The Plug-in Power Mode battery will always show the charge level
with associated remaining EV range.

There's a setting called Energy Use under Display/Trip:

One of these settings should probably show you your estimated range.  Page 98 of your owners manual.

Energy Use (Energi
only)
Auto EV
(EV range + energy use
gauge + climate power
gauge + battery gauge
+ fuel gauge)
EV Now
(EV range + energy use
gauge with budget cup
+ climate power gauge
+ engine enable +
battery gauge + fuel
gauge)
EV Later
(EV range + energy use
gauge + climate power
gauge + battery gauge
+ fuel gauge)

Hi,

Just got my Energi today, seems like they've made things a bit more solid in the car, its a nice ride.

But for some reason my large ev battery icon doesn't show any range from it. Was this the same expeirnece when you first got yours?

Have you consulted this with your dealer, expresspotato? I suggest talking to them. They're in the best position to check this out and let you know what's going on.  

Mariel 

Thought I would check here first, maybe the 2014's / 2015's dont do it for some reason? Seems strange to me though...

On the second picture, that "bucket" for the range indicator should be blue; what you are seeing is green, which is the way it looks in Auto mode, rather than EV mode.

Not that it matters for my 2014 C-Max - the range shows in the battery no matter what mode I'm in. I notice you are using metric. Maybe it works differently with that setting rather than miles?

Thought I would check here first, maybe the 2014's / 2015's dont do it for some reason? Seems strange to me though...

I noticed that the yellow engine icon is lit, why? Do you have it in accessory mode instead of ready to run? If so, maybe the display is different. As far as metric, I keep my 2013 C-Max Energi in metric and the range (in km) is displayed, at least in EV Now mode.

i noticed that you have a US model car (MPH speedo) that is set for metric mileage; it may not report km's remaining.  try changing it back to imperial and see if that corrects it.  I will try it too in my 2015 tomorrow morning. 

"distance to empty" is reported in km's when the units are set to metric.  I guess that wasn't it....

I have a 2015 FFE, and I do get the mileage in the icon. I do not get the mileage on the Energy Use screen.

I've also *never* seen a white fill on the icon like in your first picture. That's really weird.

Thanks fro the reply... The fill isn't really white its just way the picture was taken, I'll try Imperial units and see what happens... I did try it, but didn't leave it on Imperial for any amount of time.