Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New Energi - No range displayed on battery icon?

expresspotato

Have you consulted this with your dealer, expresspotato? I suggest talking to them. They're in the best position to check this out and let you know what's going on.  

Mariel

Mariel,

I totally understand your take on this as the preferred approach, but if members of the Ford Team are going to be on the forum - be a real resource for us and not just the social media police.

My cause of this occurring is a direct result of taking my vehicle to the dealer and they stated that they had no knowledge of any changes from the SSM that would've resulted in the mileage icon being removed and that I had the latest software possible.

If that's the case there are 1 of 3 possible scenarios -

1) Wrong version of software (Hybrid installed instead of Energi),

2) Corrupted software file (in which case other things may not be working - yay me)

3) You guys removed the feature. (that's where smart money is being bet)

We are here because we are enthusiasts and for the most part - we notice stuff that the everyday casual owner doesn't .  We notice them because they are important to us - kind of like the fact that the surround stereo option STILL (even with the latest and greatest software) doesn't remain the selected option in Sound Settings when you turn off the car and turn it back on. If you are going to be here - then leverage the voice of customer that you get from us and take a break from the script.

Uggghh I was afraid I would find this topic here. I just had my charge port ring replaced and that created an issue with the remote start climate settings, that resulted in an SSM 43145 reflash that eliminated the Battery mileage indicator. Not happy.

I don't blame you for not being happy.

I slight workaround is to put the miles left to empty display in the "My view", but now that hack is pissing me off because I used to have the temp gauge there and I need that temp gauge back now that it's getting cold again.

Taking functionality away from one of the most advanced cars on the road is just stupid.

Mariel,

I totally understand your take on this as the preferred approach, but if members of the Ford Team are going to be on the forum - be a real resource for us and not just the social media police.

My cause of this occurring is a direct result of taking my vehicle to the dealer and they stated that they had no knowledge of any changes from the SSM that would've resulted in the mileage icon being removed and that I had the latest software possible.

We are here because we are enthusiasts and for the most part - we notice stuff that the everyday casual owner doesn't . We notice them because they are important to us - kind of like the fact that the surround stereo option STILL (even with the latest and greatest software) doesn't remain the selected option in Sound Settings when you turn off the car and turn it back on. If you are going to be here - then leverage the voice of customer that you get from us and take a break from the script.

I completely agree. The manner in which Ford employees post here is a complete sham. They're only here to cover their bases. To the point that they recommend people take their vehicles in for service when their vehicle behaves as intended. They also ask for VINs and what not to get "extra assistance" but this extra assistance is getting a CSM to call you and then the CSM tells you there is nothing they can do. That they in fact only provide assistance for out of warranty issues.

Ford employees here cry wolf, don't know how things are supposed to behave and don't even know what assistance the people up the chain they push you to can provide. Personally they and the CSMs are a waste of money and time.

Uggghh I was afraid I would find this topic here. I just had my charge port ring replaced and that created an issue with the remote start climate settings, that resulted in an SSM 43145 reflash that eliminated the Battery mileage indicator. Not happy.

Just out of curiosity, in NAV mode while using EV, does the map still show the range indicator?

In my 2015 c-max (without the guesstimated range on the battery) it does show the range rings when using Nav in EV mode. It does display the estimated EV range in a few other displays. I can't say I am happy about not having it on the battery, but I find the information is still readily available, so I have no complaints

In my 2015 c-max (without the guesstimated range on the battery) it does show the range rings when using Nav in EV mode. It does display the estimated EV range in a few other displays. I can't say I am happy about not having it on the battery, but I find the information is still readily available, so I have no complaints

Well, that is just plain dumb. If the info is available elsewhere, why take it off the battery?

Sadly, that estimate has generated SO MANY threads and questions that, for me, it comes as no surprise that it's been stripped away.  People continue to insist they actually have problems with their batteries based on those range estimates.  It gets especially bad whenever a computer gets reflashed/rebooted and the estimate resets, or when the weather changes for the colder.  Considering how many vehicles have been sold and the number of people who don't hit this forum... how many dealership headaches has that silly little number generated?

People are less likely to question the battery icon's state of charge if there isn't a number associated with it.  And how many people have actually read the manual and understand how that number works?  I admit that I only go in the manual when I have a question about something, but I never read it from cover to cover.

Sadly, that estimate has generated SO MANY threads and questions that, for me, it comes as no surprise that it's been stripped away.  People continue to insist they actually have problems with their batteries based on those range estimates.  It gets especially bad whenever a computer gets reflashed/rebooted and the estimate resets, or when the weather changes for the colder.  Considering how many vehicles have been sold and the number of people who don't hit this forum... how many dealership headaches has that silly little number generated?

People are less likely to question the battery icon's state of charge if there isn't a number associated with it.  And how many people have actually read the manual and understand how that number works?  I admit that I only go in the manual when I have a question about something, but I never read it from cover to cover.

LOL, I read my C-Max Emergi manual cover-to-cover before I even bought the car! But I like geeky stuff.

You make a good point there, but they could have accomplished the same thing by simply burying the range setting deep in the setup menus. People who never read manuals would not know it is there.

I still see those rings in the Nav screen, but they never made sense to me. I always have so much more range than what they say, although it only shows up when I'm really low, but I still have more than a few hundred feet, which is what the rings indicate (I think)

I have the C-Max, and the rings always represent around the range of the EV. Several miles if the HVB has a lot of charge.

Not to be confused with the small blinking circle that shows up around the vehicle. The range rings (at least on the C-Max Energi) actually darkens the map somewhat outside the EV range.

Most of the time when I'm driving, the Nav screen is zoomed in too far to see the range rings..... until you are almost out of EV mode battery, then they come into view, and are usually a bit pessimistic.

On my 2015 C-max, the GOM is not buried deep within the menus, it is one push of the down arrow on the LH side to go from My View to Energy Usage, and whenever I switch to EV mode, the LH screen switches to the Energi Usage screen with the GOM automatically.  As an observation, the GOM in my C-Max is much less erratic than the one in my 2014 Focus Electric, and the C-Max GOM is generally reasonably accurate once you've been driving for a minute.  For some reason, in the winter, the GOM on MyFordMobile site is quite optimistic compared to the GOM in the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Make it off by default and put in a setting to turn it on.

Or, actually put some R&D money into making it accurate like Tesla did.

There are ways to make these things happen. Ford simply chooses not to do them.

More and more, I'm realizing that my friends are right - The Energi models are simply nationally available compliance cars. Ford doesn't give a crap about them. Though Ford has better engineering, GM as a business seems to be investing a lot more time and energy into EVs.

I'm getting a Tesla next time around.