Ford Fusion Energi Forum

In cabin air filter

dlb92

How much is it supposed to cost to replace the in cabin air filter?

I went in for my 20,000 mile checkup and oil change and the tech said "I'm going to have to take apart the whole dash".

I said never mind I'm coming back for some recall fixes I'll have them do it then.

I don't want to be charged a huge amount for labor.

Anyone know?

After 18,250 miles and almost 2 years my brake pads are still 10mm and my tires are 7/32.  Anyone know what they are to start with?

I bought my cabin air filter from rockauto.com which was under 20 bucks, and followed the youtube video online (edit - I see one was just posted above) and changed it myself in 16 minutes for my car, then took 12 minutes to change it in my wife's car since I was more familiar with it.

The phrase "take the whole dash apart" is a bit much -- however the glove box does have to be removed.

Edited by jeff_h

• 4 months later...

I usually change my air filters about every 10k miles. I find it interesting that the dealership always pushes things like this for service. Yet, when you buy a CPO Ford they do not even check it. This filter looks like it has not been serviced at all. I was on the fence about getting the filter. It worked out I picked up a Ford filter on eBay for $16. Thanks Seadiel for the video post for the YouTube video. It was super easy vent piece pops out along with the side panel. Then 4 7mm bolts hold in the glove box and that pops out. Two fillip screws hold the door closed and that is that (be gentle its all plastic down there).

IMG_2115_zpsw8jh95kl.jpg

I think any of those should work, so depends on how brand-conscious you want to be -- I went with the Motorcraft but would have been OK with the Wix.  I am not familiar with Hastings and they may be fine, but I just don't know so I skipped them in case they were really Cheap Charlie with filter quality of a paper towel...