Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Takata airbag recall

howardbc

I followed the directions to the link for finding out if my 2013 FFET is part of the Takata airbag recall. I put in my VIN number. 

I found 3 recalls for my car. One mentions a part of the airbag (I guess), although they don't use the term "airbag." I think it was referred to as a "restraint system." Why can't they use laymen's terms? Also I don't see the name of Takata mentioned. 

Can anyone tell me if this means I am NOT part of the Takata airbag recall or if I need to contact my Ford dealer? 

Thanks.

The restraint system recall is not an airbag recall.  It is a recall of the module that controls all of the restraints including seat belts.  You should have received a letter from Ford last fall about this recall.  Parts are not expected to be available till sometime this fall.  The letters for the other two recalls, steering bolt and door handles, have not been sent out yet.

According to the TV news they don't expect to have the VINs involved in the airbag recall loaded into the website for at least another week.

I followed the directions to the link for finding out if my 2013 FFET is part of the Takata airbag recall. I put in my VIN number. 

I found 3 recalls for my car. One mentions a part of the airbag (I guess), although they don't use the term "airbag." I think it was referred to as a "restraint system." Why can't they use laymen's terms? Also I don't see the name of Takata mentioned. 

Can anyone tell me if this means I am NOT part of the Takata airbag recall or if I need to contact my Ford dealer? 

Thanks.

Please don't start a new topic each time to ask the same question. There are already multiple topics where this question has been answered.