Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Lane Control

I have had a 2016 Fusion for about 2 weeks.  I have set the lane departure to Aid & Alert at the highest sensitivity.  My question is this, sometimes the car will  correct if I don't have my hands on the wheel, am going over 40 mph  and I depart the lane and sometimes it won't.  I am unclear as to if it is always suppose to put the car back in the lane or only vibrate the steering wheel or something in between when I get out of the lane.

I only test it when there is no one around, I am simply not sure how the system is suppose to perform.

Thanks

There must be clear lane markings on the edge of the road for it to work.  The lines in the display are green if the lane edge has been detected.  They are not green if the lane edge has not been detected.   A correction or alert is not possible if the edge has not been detected.  I have a 2013 in which it is off by default.  I hardly ever turn it on.  If you drift over the line without a turn signal being on it should alert and if you don't correct it should adjust the steering to bring the car back into the lane.  This is not an automatic lane keeping system.  If your hands are off the wheel there should be an audio command to put your hands back on the wheel.  With your hands on the wheel steer the car toward a lane edge slowly.  There should be resistance in the wheel as it starts ot do the correction.

This was one of my most anticipated features when I got the car, this is also the feature I was most disappointed. I especially do not like this feature when I am driving down the interstate and passing a truck.  It wants me to be in the center of the lane, and I want to give the truck room... so the car is fighting me. Most of the time it works fine, just was hoping for more.

Now the ACC (adaptive cruise control), I think that I am spoiled for life. I will struggle to ever purchase a car that does not have that.

This was one of my most anticipated features when I got the car, this is also the feature I was most disappointed. I especially do not like this feature when I am driving down the interstate and passing a truck.  It wants me to be in the center of the lane, and I want to give the truck room... so the car is fighting me. Most of the time it works fine, just was hoping for more.

Now the ACC (adaptive cruise control), I think that I am spoiled for life. I will struggle to ever purchase a car that does not have that.

The wife has the ACC on hers, Sadly, I dont have it. I should have just ordered my FFE the way I wanted it, (i also should have waited for the 15')...I rather have the ACC than the inflated back seatbelts that I never use because my car is the commute car and not the haul the kid with 3 greyhounds and a cat ;)

Edited by lonzo71