Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Vehicle Alarm - to stop alarm start vehicle.

This is the message I got just now. I turned the vehicle off at home as I do everyday. I noticed the four way blinkers went on briefly then all seemed normal until I opened the door and it continued to shut down.

The message "vehicle Alarm - to stop alarm start vehicle" appeared on the left lcd and a beeping noise started.

Started the vehicle, all seemed normal. Shut it down, without doing anything else, and it shut down as normal this time.

What is this alarm? Anyone seen it before?

Edit: the manual says this is the unauthorized entry alarm message. But it only beeped quietly. The horn did not repeatedly honk as when the alarm is usually triggered.

This also makes the third message on the left lcd to appear that, until two weeks ago, I had never seen.

The alarm had sounded without this message previously. The message to buckle up to unmute audio is also new. Previously it would only beep in sets with the radio in between. And the auto light dimming message I had also previously not seen.

The dealer says they didn't update any software. Have others always received these three messages? Are they software update related or only now appearing after my numerous hard and master resets to try to fix other issues?

Edit 2: thought maybe I leaned on the panic button on the key fob. Pushing the panic button while the vehicle is running does nothing. I cannot reproduce this message appearing in the way it did or the quiet beeps along with it. In fact ,even when the panic button does trigger the horn repeatedly, I cannot get this message to reappear at all.

Edited by openair

What sort of electrical issues? Things like buttons not working? The vehicle not even agreeing with itself? Undefined powertrain faults?  These could all be electrical issues.  I've had intermittent issues like that for about six months.

Dash randomly rebooting, powertrain faults on the dash, lights flashing. Dealer replaced the PCM but it didn't solve anything so we just traded it in and got a different Fusion.

They need to develop better testing methods.  With the modules interconnected by a common comunication bus the error indications may have nothing to do with the actual problem.  A module that is corrupting the bus can cause other modules to report errors that don't exist.  I wonder if their diagnostic system can monitor the bus and catch and identify traffic that shouldn't be there.

Go into mykey in the car and see if you have some restrictions set up. I know you didn't do it but maybe something got out of whack? I remember when I was playing with it you could get that warning to buckle your seatbelt before the car would let you listen to the radio...

-=>Raja.

All restrictions were set to off or user selectable. Clearing mykey has returned one key to the previous behaviour (only beeps with the radio between). The other now doesn't even beep without the seat belt. Must have been something with to do with the hard resets since the mykey was created. Are the two fobs intended to act differently even without a mykey created ?

If all fobs should act the same, with no mykey created, which is the correct behavior? Periodic sets of beeps while the vehicle is in motion but not wearing a seat belt or no beeps??

Edit: there is no correct behavior. It is variable. Page 32 of the manual describes how to enable or disable this behavior for individual seats.

One key fob thinks this is enabled for at least the driver's seat. The other thinks it is disabled. This seems intended.

The belt minder has two levels of minding and (appears to have) two levels of enablement. It can be enabled or disable per seat (and per fob). A fob that has both the seat minder enabled and a mykey increases the minding from only beeps to the buckle up to unmute audio message.

Edited by openair

How frequently did you experience these issues hybridbear? Were they reproducable or intermittent? Do you know of any other members of the hybrid forum who experienced similar?

They were not reproducible. We didn't keep the car for too long after that when the dealer was unsuccessful at fixing it and said there was nothing they could do.

I should also add that we got the Stop Safely Now message a few times as well.

Can anyone answer how this vehicle Alarm message is supposed to behave? The panic button triggers the horn repeatedly but not this message. The one time I did get this message the horn did not honk even once while the manual description for this message says the horn should.

Is pushing the panic button somehow different than the alarm being triggered by an unauthorized access?

Some posts in the hybrid forum suggest receiving this message can be operator error. Such as leaning on the panic button or maybe locking. I cannot get this message to reproduce doing either internationally.

It's hard to find something else reproducible to show the dealership to maybe try to get some things fixed without a solid frame of reference of how things are supposed to behave.

Edited by openair

Yesterday I unlocked the Focus Electric using MFM. I watched and saw the confirmation in the MFM app of "doors have been unlocked". About 3 minutes later I opened the door of the Focus Electric and this message appeared. Since I didn't have my key with me, that's why I used MFM to unlock it because I was in my PJs and had no pockets for a key, the alarm started blaring. I had to call my wife and ask her to go to the window and use the key fob to stop the alarm. I'm sure the neighbors in our apartment building loved having the car alarm blaring and 6:00 am...

This is not the first time that the Focus has done this to us. I think this is the 3rd time now that unlocking with MFM has unlocked the doors but not turned off the alarm... I've never had this issue with the Fusion since I just use my keycode to unlock it.

I unlocked mine with MFM and opened the door without a fob. No alarm. Based on the manual I think this is normal.

I locked myself in the vehicle and had wife walk away with the fob. Opening the door triggered the message and eventually the message disappeared and the horn began to sounds repeatedly. There is a delay I did not wait for previously. The panic button skips this message and the delay and goes straight to the horn. So my alarm seems to function fine and the only question is why did it trigger when I had the fob.

Probably for the same reason the drivers door does not open unless I change the batteries every four months or some other intermittent reason.

Edited by openair

• 2 weeks later...

I unlocked mine with MFM and opened the door without a fob. No alarm. Based on the manual I think this is normal.

I locked myself in the vehicle and had wife walk away with the fob. Opening the door triggered the message and eventually the message disappeared and the horn began to sounds repeatedly. There is a delay I did not wait for previously. The panic button skips this message and the delay and goes straight to the horn. So my alarm seems to function fine and the only question is why did it trigger when I had the fob.

Probably for the same reason the drivers door does not open unless I change the batteries every four months or some other intermittent reason.

How many times have you replaced that batteries in the fob? I replaced mine once, but every 4 months seems very excessive. (Honestly I am annoyed I had to replace mine inside of 5 years). 

Once. The vehicle is ten months old. Went six months on the original batteries. Changed them and did not have any issues with intelligent access for about four months. The day after the alarm was triggered the intelligent access refusing to open the drivers door occured for the first time since changing the batteries.

It did this at least once a day between the Monday after the alarm triggered and the Friday I took the vehicle to the dealer again. Including the day of seeing the dealer and once where after it refused to unlock from the drivers door I then unlocked it from a passenger door, locked it from the drivers door and it again refused to unlock from the drivers door.

Could not reproduce it at the dealer. It hasn't been a problem since that Friday. Idk it's actually the batteries and if they're going to ever fix it, it needed to occur in front of the dealer so I haven't changed the batteries again.