Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

What tires did you get?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsarty17

tsarty17

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 51 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA/Humboldt
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Energi Titanium/ 08 F350
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

So 2015 titanium 15k miles tires are gone
I commute 100 miles to work and live down a dirt road so they are getting used but 15k is pretty sad. I've had mud tires last longer. Took the car to tr quick lane to get them warranted with no luck (as always). My local dealer is a complete joke. I'm already in the process of suing them for blowing up my 2008 6.4 diesel a week after I spent 10k to have them rebuild it. But that's another story. I was furious that I bought the car from them and they wouldn't help me with the tires even though THEY rotated them every oil change and I even took it in for an alignment to make sure but it was in spec. So I took it to Sears and was in and out in 10 minutes 75% off a new set. Waiting for them to come in. I ordered the pilot sport a/s 3. Anyone used them?
Anyway besides hating the dealer I love the car. Spend lots of time in it and is a very enjoyable drive.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Russael

Russael

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,406 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:1999 EB 4x4 Expedition, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

How did you chew through a set of tires in 15k?  Only people I know who do that have super soft high performance tires and then they do burnouts with them.  :)

I know my mom's continential tires on her 2008 Fusion went the way of the dodo at 30k, but that was really bad too.

Do you do mostly surface street travel or are you turning corners a lot?

Virtually all of my travel has been surface streets.  I've had it on the highway for maybe.. 5% of the miles on it?  Tires still look fine, but I only have like 8400 miles on mine.

I am The White Fury in Region 5 on MyFord Mobile.

#3 OFFLINE   Fat Fusion

Fat Fusion

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMorgan Hill, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Titanium Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

35k on my stock tires with no rotation yet.  They need to be rotated at this point, but they're not shot yet.

2014 Fusion Titanium Energi

1999 F250 7.3 Diesel Crew Cab 7.3L 4x4 6 Speed

1964 Falcon Convertible 4.7L 4 Speed

242153.png

#4 OFFLINE   tsarty17

tsarty17

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCA/Humboldt

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

I forgot to mention my 100 mile commute is twisties. Cornering all day and rough road. Plus about a half mile dirt road. Im not your avg plug in driver. I have 15k and 5k was in electric mode. But my overall mileage from day one is still 50 which is impressive since I'm going from sea level to 4k feet.

#5 OFFLINE   tsarty17

tsarty17

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCA/Humboldt

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:32 PM

And Idk how they only lasted 15k. I did the same commute in my truck with mudders and they lasted longer. But Michelin honored the warrantee (through Sears) so I'll see how the pilot sports work out.
  • Hybridbear likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Hybridbear

Hybridbear

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,052 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:59 AM

Glad to hear that Michelin is taking care of you. Other owners have reported getting 60k out of the stock Michelin tires. I hope to get a minimum of 50k miles. I'll be disappointed if I can't get than many miles out of them.

Edited by Hybridbear, 14 June 2015 - 03:59 AM.

Current vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic (The Snow Queen on MFM)

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm (Elektra on MFM)

315692.png

Previous vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#7 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Plug-In Titanium

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

I have almost 27K on my tires. I have rotated them 2 times and while wearing still look pretty good. 

White Platinum 2013 Titanium Fusion Hybrid Plug-In

296525.png

#8 OFFLINE   tsarty17

tsarty17

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCA/Humboldt

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

Yeah that's why I was very disappointed with them because people normally get a lot. I know my driving habits are different but still. Yes I am happy. Back to the original question, what have you guys replaced yours with. Any of you use the pilot sports. Also how are your cars holding up?
I change the oil and rotate the tires every 7500.

#9 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

Yeah that's why I was very disappointed with them because people normally get a lot. I know my driving habits are different but still. Yes I am happy. Back to the original question, what have you guys replaced yours with. Any of you use the pilot sports. Also how are your cars holding up?
I change the oil and rotate the tires every 7500.

Still on my original set of tires, will probably only look at what Michelin has in low energy at the time, but I had Pilot Sport A/S on my Acura TL... wonderful tire. 

296525.png

#10 OFFLINE   Russael

Russael

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,406 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:1999 EB 4x4 Expedition, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

I still have originals on the car and will likely replace them with the same.  Car lives on surface streets.

My Expedition has had Firestone (replaced under recall at around 24k), Good Year (replaced at 100k), and it is currently riding on Michelin MS/2's (currently at 111k)... and I will stay with Michelin forever.  Those tires are unbelievable vs the other two brands in terms of road noise, comfort, and traction.  I might consider the GreenX tires for it though.  Truck lives on the highway for road trips.

Mother replaced her Fusion Continentals with Michelin GreenX tires.  She has about 46k on her car presently.  Car lives on surface streets.

Edited by Russael, 16 June 2015 - 06:26 PM.

I am The White Fury in Region 5 on MyFord Mobile.

#11 OFFLINE   BadRock

BadRock

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

I got 47k out of the stock Michelin Energy Saver A/S tires, replaced them with Michelin Premier A/S tires. So far so good, they have much better traction and handling in wet conditions and hopefully they're better in the snow. Haven't seen an impact on milage yet.

• meyersnole and Hybridbear like this

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum

Google_Plus_logo_zps933b81df.png     instagram-logo2_zps0cb03b64.png     twitter_logo_web_zpsd7be632b.png     blogger_zps20223217.png     Screen-Shot-2013-02-19-at-70602-AM_zpsf7     untappd_zps5934d330.png     1549415_625337534189686_33372189_n_zps54

#12 OFFLINE   lonzo71

lonzo71

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 278 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC metro
  • Current Vehicle:Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

i'm over 16K and so far, ok...I'll find out Friday when I do a rotation. I'm like Bear, Hope to get 50k from them...

• Hybridbear likes this

#13 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 360 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi 302a with Moonroof
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Here are how my tires and brakes look after 30,500 miles:

http://fordcmaxenerg...-at-305k-miles/

I rotate them every 10k miles and run 50-51 psi in them.

-=>Raja.

#14 OFFLINE   Rexracer

Rexracer

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 407 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

I have 16k on my car and my tires look brand new. Only way they wear that fast is carrying a lot of cornering speed.

and yes while Ford has greatly improved as a company, you still have a lot of the old school dealers out there dragging the company down.

• lonzo71 likes this

#15 OFFLINE   tsarty17

tsarty17

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCA/Humboldt

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

Rexracer. I agree. I wasn't saying ford was terrible just that dealer. Although the 6.4 powerstroke 08-10 is probably the worst Diesel engine made. I'm a little upset ford would not back the motor at all. Kind of like the 6.0 they hid behind closed doors. But I'm very happy with my energi. And it was not all the tires fault, I drive a super windy road (ca 299) and about a mile dirt road everyday. But like I said mud tires lasted longer than 15k. I go in tue for the new set. I'll report back how I like them. The energy savers were horrible in wet so I'm curious to see how the pilots do.

#16 OFFLINE   JATR4

JATR4

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFE 2014 Escape

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

Here are how my tires and brakes look after 30,500 miles:

http://fordcmaxenerg...-at-305k-miles/

I rotate them every 10k miles and run 50-51 psi in them.

-=>Raja.

Couldn't see your pictures.  Required to login to see them.

• Timewellspent likes this

#17 OFFLINE   rbort

rbort

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 360 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Energi 302a with Moonroof
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

JATR4:

Please create an account there to see them, sorry can't post them here as this site limits my picture size to 500kb for some reason, the other I can upload high def pictures 3gb or more.

-=>Raja.

#18 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

I got 47k out of the stock Michelin Energy Saver A/S tires, replaced them with Michelin Premier A/S tires. So far so good, they have much better traction and handling in wet conditions and hopefully they're better in the snow. Haven't seen an impact on milage yet.

Thanks BadRock... just looked at that tire and it will be a strong consideration when I start looking at tires. The small trade off in rolling resistance for better breaking and water handling would be well worth it.  

296525.png

#19 OFFLINE   lonzo71

lonzo71

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 278 posts
  • LocationDC metro
  • Current Vehicle:Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:09 AM

so far so good.. tho I did have to question if they put nitrogen in since they didnt put green caps on...They did but somehow didnt put them on...

#20 OFFLINE   tsarty17

tsarty17

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCA/Humboldt

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

I got the pilot sport a/s 3s installed. Wow is all I can say. I only have 100 miles on them but everything is better. First off the road noise is much less. Second you feel way more in control as there is much more response. The sidewall is thicker and the rubber goes out from the rim more. Much more stability than the energy saver. I took it out the windy road and traction and stability was insane over the energy saver. Then on the dirt road where I would normally have to get a running start or it would spin drove right up without losing traction once. It also drove nice on gravel. Had I known the energy savers were this bad and made the car handle and drive so much worse than it could I would have tossed them before I drove it off the lot. I'm not a race car driver but the stability of them was rubbish. Wet traction was also terrible. I could take corners faster in my 10k pound 1 ton with mud tires. I'm really curious how these will handle in the wet. I will report back. I would recommend them to anyone that gets new tires. They do not come with as good of warrantee, only 45k instead of 65k but much better tire.
  • lonzo71 and Blastphemy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·